CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 24-5-19 May resigns

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    By the time everything is sorted and all the holidays have been taken we will probably have left by default.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    I also think a second referendum is likely ...

... but we will have to see how the EU Election works out first. A big change in the makeup of the EU Parliament could affect the strategy of Boris (that is, if he has one).

Member Number
    Motorhome
    High roof doblo
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    If we get Boris part of me wonders if he will actually call a second referendum instead. I am not sure he will dare hold a GE but things may change. One things for sure Boris will put himself first. If he sees a second ref as the least likely thing to end his premiership early he will go for it. He is not a real Brexiteer. He only decided to come down shortly after Cameron announced the referendum having written two letters, one in support of remain and one in support of leave. He doesnt care about Brexit, his party or the public. Just Boris.
    You may well be right. I totally agree if it is doris (slip of the tongue by Kenneth Clark) he will do what is best for him. A referendum may fit the bill. Now he plays it hard, to get the geriatric 100,000 tory members to make him PM then options open up for an unprincipled man.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    We have had all sorts of pms from ww2 men and ladies and very few worth a pip,mabe we get a nice boy like southern ireland,any one got boy georges ph number.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes channa liked this post

Member Number
    Likes trevskoda, mark61 liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    A crash out Brexit could be wonderful but who "really" believes that?
    It's What 17.4 million people voted For there was never any mention of a deal How can you make a deal when the other side know you have to have one. Come out then start dealing they need us more than we need them
    Likes mark61, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter

Member Number
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    but not till June 7th - why couldn't she have just gone now. ... idiot woman... good riddance - mind you if we get Boris instead of her....,... god help us all
    I cannot understand what will happen on 7th June.

The nominations for Tory Leader do not close until w/c 10th June. Then the MPs have to vote to eliminate all but 2 candidates. After which the 2 candidates have to be decided on by the Tory Party Members in the country.

So who will be Prime Minister in the interim?

Will Theresa May go to the Queen on 7th June? Will the Queen appoint an 'interim' PM?

I am very uncertain about the Constitutional Precedent here.

Geoff

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
    I cannot understand what will happen on 7th June.

The nominations for Tory Leader do not close until w/c 10th June. Then the MPs have to vote to eliminate all but 2 candidates. After which the 2 candidates have to be decided on by the Tory Party Members in the country.

So who will be Prime Minister in the interim?

Will Theresa May go to the Queen on 7th June? Will the Queen appoint an 'interim' PM?

I am very uncertain about the Constitutional Precedent here.

Geoff
    I was under the impression TM acts as interim prime minister, I suppose if that goes all wrong then the deputy leader becomes interim ?

Channa
    Likes Tezza liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    I was under the impression TM acts as interim prime minister, I suppose if that goes all wrong then the deputy leader becomes interim ?

Channa
    Who is the Deputy Leader? There is no 'Deputy PM' and I do not know whether the Deputy Leader of the Tory Party is a MP?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information