Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    At the moment there are only a possible three

1) no deal
    2) accept the May deal
    3) remain

as things stand any other deal seems unlikely given the EU have clearly stated their proposals wont change, If the leave campaign is as strong as people suggest then no deal will clearly win ? the remain vote could well be split between 1 and 2 but we both know no system isnt perfect.

Parliament seems unable to reach a decision so let the people decide with the unequivocal proviso any referendum is binding.

Channa
    If those were the choices, it would have to be on a transferable vote system so that the winning option got more than 50%. Thus the Remain vote might split in the first round but would unite behind the non clean break option in the second round.
    Likes jacquigem liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    If those were the choices, it would have to be on a transferable vote system so that the winning option got more than 50%. Thus the Remain vote might split in the first round but would unite behind the non clean break option in the second round.
    The leave vote would also be split giving the remain choice a shoe in. May be what a lot want but not exactly fair, and leaves the door open to judicial review. We would, of course have to have a best of three, or five, or seven.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    The leave vote would also be split giving the remain choice a shoe in. May be what a lot want but not exactly fair, and leaves the door open to judicial review. We would, of course have to have a best of three, or five, or seven.
    Why not fair? The transferable vote system is clearly a lot fairer than first past the post because the result you end up with is the majority's "least worst". But I agree with you that the process will never end because there will always be demands for a new poll by those who lost. It is one of the reasons I don't like referendums.

I don't agree about judicial review. If the process is clearly laid out at the start then there would be no basis.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Euro Mobil

All for the Good

Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    Perhaps half the problem with solving the Brexit conundrum is the emotive words used by people like "crash out" and "project fear" or even "project reality"
    The EEC is the best example of Pyramid Selling ever achieved.
    Likes trevskoda, 1 Cup, lofty liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motor home

Mays gone

Junes here.
    my birthday s is in July.
    In out shake it all about. Lets party.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information