CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 24-5-19 May resigns

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500

24-5-19 May resigns

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    but not till June 7th - why couldn't she have just gone now. ... idiot woman... good riddance - mind you if we get Boris instead of her....,... god help us all
    Likes trevskoda, Debroos liked this post
    Thanks Geraldine thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    I felt genuinely sorry for her. Have we ever had a PM in tears on national television. I think she did her best in an impossible situation. Compromise is clearly impossible as regards Brexit.

The question now has to be are the public prepared to crash out with nothing and risk so called project fear being project reality? I Cannot see Boris or Loathsome or any of the other rabble lining up for the top job negotiating anything better so it has to be all or nothing I reckon. The end of manufacturing, privatised NHS, Trumps puppet, crashed economy, decades of austerity or the status quo. I could be wrong of course. A crash out Brexit could be wonderful but who "really" believes that?

Whoever gets the top job now has taken on a proper poisoned chalice and it could well be the end of the Tory party. Take the country out on no deal and project fear comes true they are finished, cancel Brexit they are probably finished, second referendum No deal vs Remain might be their only chance.
    Likes Debroos, jagmanx liked this post
    Thanks peter palance thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    I felt genuinely sorry for her. Have we ever had a PM in tears on national television. I think she did her best in an impossible situation. Compromise is clearly impossible as regards Brexit.

The question now has to be are the public prepared to crash out with nothing and risk so called project fear being project reality? I Cannot see Boris or Loathsome or any of the other rabble lining up for the top job negotiating anything better so it has to be all or nothing I reckon. The end of manufacturing, privatised NHS, Trumps puppet, crashed economy, decades of austerity or the status quo. I could be wrong of course. A crash out Brexit could be wonderful but who "really" believes that?

Whoever gets the top job now has taken on a proper poisoned chalice and it could well be the end of the Tory party. Take the country out on no deal and project fear comes true they are finished, cancel Brexit they are probably finished, second referendum No deal vs Remain might be their only chance.
    Thatcher as she got into her limo to leave Downing Street
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    i managed to watch her speech for 2.5 minutes and found myself shouting at the computer screen as she listed all the lies she and her government have been telling us for the last 3 years about how MARVELLOUS our country is now as a result of their policies -

i have never hated a politician as much as her... unless its Amber Rudd.....

tis time for a long long trip in the van with no wifi...... grrrrrrrrrr
    Likes trevskoda, Debroos, Sukey, Northumborman, carol liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Perhaps half the problem with solving the Brexit conundrum is the emotive words used by people like "crash out" and "project fear" or even "project reality"
    Likes mark61, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    High roof doblo

Effect of Boris

If we get Boris or a think alike, I believe we will get a general election before we get a revoke or no deal crash out as the few moderate one nation tories will desert the new leader and they only need to loose 2!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    What a surprise, Ms. Sturgeon sees the resignation as meaning that Scotland needs another independence referendum. 😂
    2CV
    Likes mark61, channa, trevskoda, Northumborman liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Given the current impasse in parliament Mrs Mays successor will inherit project stalemate if it was snooker they would re rack. A general election seems probable in order to alter the Maths of Parliament so that any decision can garner support.

THe other alternative is to pass the buck back to the people in respect of a referendum .ie. no deal, remain. Mrs mays deal. or anyother deal

What has happened in the past is academic history in the respect that we are in the situation we are in and that should attract more attention and energy in resolving

Mays government this last three years has failed on so many levels, the country is starting to hurt eg British steel most of the retail sector. Only boxing this dilemma off will we move on in or out the EU and it is this reason alotof remainers appear to have voted brexit party ,there vote no more than protest realistically in how it will impact things

Channa
    Likes Debroos, korky liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekoak View Post
    If we get Boris or a think alike, I believe we will get a general election before we get a revoke or no deal crash out as the few moderate one nation tories will desert the new leader and they only need to loose 2!
    If we get Boris part of me wonders if he will actually call a second referendum instead. I am not sure he will dare hold a GE but things may change. One things for sure Boris will put himself first. If he sees a second ref as the least likely thing to end his premiership early he will go for it. He is not a real Brexiteer. He only decided to come down shortly after Cameron announced the referendum having written two letters, one in support of remain and one in support of leave. He doesnt care about Brexit, his party or the public. Just Boris.
    Likes delicagirl, trevskoda, korky liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    If we get Boris part of me wonders if he will actually call a second referendum instead. I am not sure he will dare hold a GE but things may change. One things for sure Boris will put himself first. If he sees a second ref as the least likely thing to end his premiership early he will go for it. He is not a real Brexiteer. He only decided to come down shortly after Cameron announced the referendum having written two letters, one in support of remain and one in support of leave. He doesnt care about Brexit, his party or the public. Just Boris.
    All correct re Boris . Discussed on radio today nobody thought he would call an election . The risk of being the shortest term PM ever was too much

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information