CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TV license lost

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Wish I didn't recognise them, I had vomited a little by the time I got to Nicky Campbell

Good to see Claudia and Venessa up there on the top list, equal pay don't ya know.

I used to tend to Venessa's rockery in another life.
    Likes Clunegapyears, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598PL
    I think if I was 75 or over I just wouldn’t pay. Many pensioners would perhaps welcome a spell in a government hotel with heat, 3 good meals a day, free TV!! And lots of opportunities to study, interact with others and be front of the queue for medical needs. AND, they would also acquire human rights!

Roll on the implementation till we see how farcical it will be and how the bbc/government fudge it.

Davy
    Likes antiquesam, Debroos liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    Wish I didn't recognise them, I had vomited a little by the time I got to Nicky Campbell

Good to see Claudia and Venessa up there on the top list, equal pay don't ya know.

I used to tend to Venessa's rockery in another life.
    Is that a euphimism?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Contentious me ? never.. SO we have thousands of pensioners nose out of joint because they need to pay £154.50 to watch the crap peddled on Coronation Street and Eastenders et al .....I get that

But what I don't get is all this swell of disgust when we allow children to remain in poverty , a quarter of a million homeless last Christmas or vulnerable denied assistance through benefits such as Personal independent payments

Strikes me and demonstrates folk in it for themselves. Im alright Jack. Not exactly the most attractive reflection of our society.

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    Quote Originally Posted by st3v3 View Post
    There are a lot of very well off pensioners about, and this is going to be means tested anyway.

And all pensioners do is watch tv, so they should pay for it lol.
    There stands a man who has not yet made retirement age I suspect and still thinks that all pensioners are well off.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, Debroos liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    and still thinks that all pensioners are well off.
    Absolutely not, but they won't pay for the licence because it's means tested. I work for a lot of pensioners that are very well off, so they do exist.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Not that you need to buy a tv licence,but if you all stopped paying i dont think they would put all of you in jail,mind you on second thoughts.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    Whatever anyone feels about this, one thing has puzzled me all day long. I kept hearing this morning that it 'costs' the Government (from next year, the BBC) £745 million a year to exempt the over 75s from licence fees. The BBC say it would gobble up half their budget and they'd have to make swingeing cuts if the scheme continued. OK... so how come it costs anyone anything at all to not supply something?

Ah wait... I suspect they're not really talking costs at all but rather missed opportunities for more revenue/income/profit - right?
    So that says to me that most of the country are already breaking the law and not buying a license then Jennie? I don’t think over 75’s account for over half the population do they?

I have a little way to go yet before I would have qualified but it should be means tested. There will be a good number of folks housebound well under 75 who use tv as their main entertainment.

I am proud of what our parents/grandparents did (and still do don’t forget) to keep us safe but I don’t see why veterans are singled out in this. I dont see anything wrong that anyone who watches tv and can afford it has to buy a license. I do even though I rarely watch tv these days

Edit: sorry Jennie, my first para isn’t meant to have a go at you but the headline and BBC statement. Didn’t realise how it read until after I posted it
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Likes trevskoda, Caz liked this post

Member Number
    So if your lucky enough to reach 75 ?

Don't they think you have already paid for enough years already ?

I would get rid of the TV but its my wife could not live without it.

Never mind Dad's Army on

Series 4 - Episode 5

Don't Fence Me In
    Saturday 8pm - 8:30pm BBC Two

dads army.jpg
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    Is that a euphimism?
    Well, there was no way I was going anywhere near her herbaceous border