CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: BBC petition to stop the licencing fee nonsense

  1. #51

    Member Number
    46529
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,625
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by ricc View Post
    i do like irish mathmatics

    even if detector vans existed how would it distinguish between someone watching the two ronnies as it was broadcast and somebody watching the same episode on dvd,?

    my disgust with tv licencing goes back to the year dot when my grandmother , who never had a tv, was constantly hounded by threatening letters and knocks on the door.

    even now the letters they send out are nothing short of threatening intimidation, what response would i get as a small business if i sent out threatening letters to random people demanding they pay for a service that they wernt using.

    with any product or service i buy i choose the supplier, i dont buy from suppliers that grossly overpay their staff... its the customers money at the end of the day, or from companies that continue to employ people who are serial law breakers,

    in short i perceive the bbc to be rotten to the core and i want no part of it, and im certainly not helping fund it.

    there is a part of the TV license form which now says "i dont have a TV" and they issue you with a "no license needed" license !!!! it lasts a couple of years i think then they ask you again.....
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

  2. #52

    Member Number
    67460
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    251
    Motorhome
    2009 Chausson Flash 08
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    Nothing like slanting the information to try and make an irrelevent point, is there

    MPs, same as anyone else, have to pay for the TV license in their home.
    If they have a TV License in their office, then they don't get a Free License for that premise, BUT can claim the cost of the license back. Same as any business who installs a TV in a business premise. You think while you waste time watching TV at a car dealership whilst the vehicle is getting repaired the receptionist stumped up for the license out of her own pocket?

    What exactly is the scandal?

    I'm no fan of MPs or Politicians, but I am even less of a fan of using incorrect information to try and make invalid points.
    What is incorrect? MPs can claim back the cost of their TV licence for their second home (which many have) which is also funded by us. Their second home is not their office all of that is the scandal. You should maybe check your irrelevant invalid points before you accuse others. Plenty of info on the web, even the names of the MPs who claim their free TV licence. Bob

  3. #53

    Member Number
    60568
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,857
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobj808 View Post
    What is incorrect? MPs can claim back the cost of their TV licence for their second home (which many have) which is also funded by us. Their second home is not their office all of that is the scandal. You should maybe check your irrelevant invalid points before you accuse others. Plenty of info on the web, even the names of the MPs who claim their free TV licence. Bob

    As I said later on ...."Or maybe more a bit like if you worked away from Home a lot due to your work and stayed in a company-funded apartment? "

    It is not a "second home", it is an residence that allows a person to attend their remote office (in the case of MPs, that is Parliament) without a rediculous commute that would be totally impractical.

    So where exactly should an MP stay, whose constituancy is in say Northern Ireland, or the Hebrides, or countless other places where it is not possible to travel from their home to attend parliament sessions and back again in a single day? Stay in a Hotel every night? I am sure moaners like you would complain about that.
    I am sure there is a list of thosewho claim the license. So ***** what! they are allowed to under the rules, so they are not doing anything they are not allowed to. don't blame them, blame the system if you want to blame something.

    I don't see a problem in the slightest with someone who has a job that means that are away from home for so long having accomodation provided which include a TV.

    Put it this way.... These MPs are getting the TV license cost refunded for their Office - which all business do by putting it as a reclaimable expense, and are getting the TV license cost refunded in the accomdation they use when attending parliament - which business people would do in the same situation, but are no doubt buying a TV license for their own home - which is more than a lot of people on this thread seem to do, so all in all, I have more respect for those who pay out of their own pocket for 1/3rd of the license fee they should pay than the people here that pay ZERO of the license fee that THEY should pay.

    SO before you say I should get my facts right, put your own in order.


    someone compared not buying a TV license with breaking a speed limit. There is a big difference. Yes both are illegal, but going over a limit tends to be accidental and when noticed, speed is reduced. Knowingly not buying a TV License is far more akin to something like Shop lifting - a deliberate act of theft.
    There was a comment about how someone doesn't like the policies of the BBC and that justifies not buying a license. THAT is like saying you don't like the policies of a certain shop so it is ok to steal from that shop.


    "Plenty of info on the web" you say? The classic retort of those who cannot actually state what it is they are claiming and just pretend they so. Tell me precisely what I have missed. If I don't know I can hardly search for it can I?


    I have had enough of this stupid debate and people complaining about one group while staunchly defending another who advocate blatent lawbreaking.

    So in fact, actually don't bother tell me what I don't know, as I can't be arsed to continue this conversation with the likes of those who just want a moan and whinge about anything and everything
    Last edited by wildebus; 17-06-2019 at 11:25. Reason: removed some words as requested
    Fed up with the Whingers and Moaners. PMs Turned Off. Sayonara
    Likes alcam liked this post

  4. #54

    Member Number
    25133
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15,427
    Location
    Glengormley
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    As I said later on ...."Or maybe more a bit like if you worked away from Home a lot due to your work and stayed in a company-funded apartment? "

    It is not a "second home", it is an residence that allows a person to attend their remote office (in the case of MPs, that is Parliament) without a rediculous commute that would be totally impractical.

    So where exactly should an MP stay, whose constituancy is in say Northern Ireland, or the Hebrides, or countless other places where it is not possible to travel from their home to attend parliament sessions and back again in a single day? Stay in a Hotel every night? I am sure moaners like you would complain about that.
    I am sure there is a list of thosewho claim the license. So ***** what! they are allowed to under the rules, so they are not doing anything they are not allowed to. don't blame them, blame the system if you want to blame something.

    I don't see a problem in the slightest with someone who has a job that means that are away from home for so long having accomodation provided which include a TV.

    Put it this way.... These MPs are getting the TV license cost refunded for their Office - which all business do by putting it as a reclaimable expense, and are getting the TV license cost refunded in the accomdation they use when attending parliament - which business people would do in the same situation, but are no doubt buying a TV license for their own home - which is more than a lot of people on this thread seem to do, so all in all, I have more respect for those who pay out of their own pocket for 1/3rd of the license fee they should pay than the people here that pay ZERO of the license fee that THEY should pay.

    SO before you say I should get my facts right, put your own mucky house in order.


    someone compared not buying a TV license with breaking a speed limit. There is a big difference. Yes both are illegal, but going over a limit tends to be accidental and when noticed, speed is reduced. Knowingly not buying a TV License is far more akin to something like Shop lifting - a deliberate act of theft.
    There was a comment about how someone doesn't like the policies of the BBC and that justifies not buying a license. THAT is like saying you don't like the policies of a certain shop so it is ok to steal from that shop.


    "Plenty of info on the web" you say? The classic retort of those who cannot actually state what it is they are claiming and just pretend they so. Tell me precisely what I have missed. If I don't know I can hardly search for it can I, you plank.


    I have had enough of this stupid debate and people complaining about one group while staunchly defending another who advocate blatent lawbreaking.

    So in fact, actually don't bother tell me what I don't know, as I can't be arsed to continue this conversation with the likes of those who just want a moan and whinge about anything and everything
    Tell the police your speeding was a accident at the side of the rd.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes N/A liked this post

  5. #55

    Member Number
    22267
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,763
    Quote Originally Posted by bobj808 View Post
    What is incorrect? MPs can claim back the cost of their TV licence for their second home (which many have) which is also funded by us. Their second home is not their office all of that is the scandal. You should maybe check your irrelevant invalid points before you accuse others. Plenty of info on the web, even the names of the MPs who claim their free TV licence. Bob
    Agreed. Let the MPs stay in a Travelodge
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

  6. #56

    Member Number
    21340
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,744
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    They can live in a block in town. TV in communal hall. Donít mind that one being paid for.
    Likes harrow, trevskoda, Debroos, Fazerloz liked this post

  7. #57

    Member Number
    67460
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    251
    Motorhome
    2009 Chausson Flash 08
    Parliament is only open 4 days a week - they could indeed stay in a Travel Lodge - what makes them any more important than my family who work long hours? Anyway, why do certain member on this forum become offensive, on the verge of being obnoxious, just because someone has a different point of view. Forums are representative of many different views an no one should be treated to offensive language because their view may be different from your own.
    Thanks trevskoda thanked for this post

  8. #58

    Member Number
    29986
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,217
    Location
    Dewsbury West Yorks
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    They can live in a block in town. TV in communal hall. Donít mind that one being paid for.
    Most off them should indeed live in a block, with bars on the windows and a big wall surrounding it.

  9. #59

    Member Number
    22267
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,763
    Put the MPs in a disused tower block if its good enough for the poor people.

    I thought the BBC was strapped for cash until I saw tonight's repeat of top gear, they must have money to burn,
    Last edited by harrow; 17-06-2019 at 19:07.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •