mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's gone bald!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i

Jeremy ****

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    ... and no, that is not the WC swear filter, that's me putting in the asterisks.

I repeat what I said elsewhere, anyone who votes tory in the next general election needs to be sectioned - unless they are themselves qualified members of this very selfish club, of course, because who else would they vote for outside of their privileged social strata to keep their own coffers full and sod the rest of us?!

Jeremy Hunt is building a £44,000 private bathroom in his office while calling for £22bn NHS cuts
    ‘Hunt talks about the need to save money while getting the taxpayer to pay for a private bathroom fit for a king,’ says anonymous source

A private bathroom reportedly costing £44,000 has been built in Jeremy Hunt’s new office, it has emerged.

The 15ft-by-8ft shower suite has ceiling-high slate tiles and sensor-activated lights and a large vanity mirror so he can “freshen up” privately after cycling to work, according to a report in The Sun.

The bathroom is part of a wider refurbishment at the Department of Health at Wellington House in London’s Waterloo, which costs £25m of taxpayers’ money.

I hope he drowns in it along with the rest of the lying, cheating, greedy, selfish ........ggggggrrrreeeeeuuuuuuurghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    I think there are a 101 reasons not to vote Tory now but Jeremy Hunts bathroom is probably way down the list to be fair (and I'm an "ex" Tory voter). Labour are not much better at least while Corbyn is at the helm. Only parties making any sense right now are LibDem and the Greens.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, trevskoda, Debroos liked this post
    Thanks mariesnowgoose thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    this is a 2 year old story. he said he had asked for a shower for general use in his department building for cyclists - but every newspaper carried the story and there was a freedom of information request about it.... so... who do we believe....... i wouldn't trust jeremy to tie his own shoelaces...
    Likes mariesnowgoose, trevskoda, Debroos liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido A class
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    this is a 2 year old story. he said he had asked for a shower for general use in his department building for cyclists - but every newspaper carried the story and there was a freedom of information request about it.... so... who do we believe....... i wouldn't trust jeremy to tie his own shoelaces...
    And I wouldn't trust everything I read in low life gutter press. Also I wouldn't be amazed if the same piece of "Journalism" mentioned there are rumours he was sharing the shower room with a 25yrs old research assistant 38.26.36 who is known as Sharron and hopes one day to have a film or modelling career or care for animals and children .
    Likes delicagirl, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by iandsm View Post
    And I wouldn't trust everything I read in low life gutter press. Also I wouldn't be amazed if the same piece of "Journalism" mentioned there are rumours he was sharing the shower room with a 25yrs old research assistant 38.26.36 who is known as Sharron and hopes one day to have a film or modelling career or care for animals and children .
    The problem is, exactly what media can you trust???

Mostly I go on my own personal experience and real life people I know who are or have been at the sharp end of this government's policies.

Use your eyes, ears and brain then make your own deductions I say.

One thing for sure, most things that were poo-pooed as rubbish or daft or labelled 'lefty' are now becoming mainstream - like climate change, for example.

And that means another thing for sure in my book - by the time these things start hitting mainstream media - gutter press, liberal, leftie, tory, makes no difference - it usually means the situation is likely to be far, far worse in reality than they say it is.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    Here's the response to someone's FOI request a couple of years back...

FOI 1094702 Lee reply.pdf
    Likes mariesnowgoose, time4t liked this post
    Thanks mariesnowgoose, Debroos thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    The problem is, exactly what media can you trust???

Mostly I go on my own personal experience and real life people I know who are or have been at the sharp end of this government's policies.

Use your eyes, ears and brain then make your own deductions I say.

One thing for sure, most things that were poo-pooed as rubbish or daft or labelled 'lefty' are now becoming mainstream - like climate change, for example.

And that means another thing for sure in my book - by the time these things start hitting mainstream media - gutter press, liberal, leftie, tory, makes no difference - it usually means the situation is likely to be far, far worse in reality than they say it is.
    None as far as I'm concerned! Yes, do your own research online... it's the only way to get a range of different angles on a topic and then you're better informed to sift out the germ of truth. Politics in the media is all spin these days and sadly most people fall for it, hook, line and sinker
    Likes mariesnowgoose, mark61, carol, barryd, Debroos liked this post
    Thanks mariesnowgoose thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    That answers that then! Thanks Jenny for putting me right

I guess we need to ask why the press/media get away with publishing such inflammatory lies.
    They've always done it, I guess...

Grrrrrr!
    Likes Minisorella liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    They get away with it as they are way too powerful. Most of the key Tories are probably controlled by Murdoch. We have the most unreliable and biased press in Europe. I would say the current situation we are facing in the UK which is about to plunge the UK into chaos and economic ruin is in the main down to a handful of way too powerful media moguls and their chums. Not only that they are also responsible in part (a big part) for the horrendous and ugly division we are now all seeing.

If people rely on our media solely for their news and information and particularly the likes of the Express and Mail they are never going to get to the truth thats for sure. Its like reading in an echo chamber for many I think.

They need challenging through the likes of IPSO Home and anyone can do that. There was one I was involved in last year over a claim the Express published where a Tory politician claimed the Swiss Border was none existent for commercial traffic, the Express ran with it but it is of course completely false. Eventually we were successful and it got retracted but the damage is done. The fact that the lies were spread by a Tory MP and then a leading UK Newspaper means to many it must be true.

As regards our politicians blatantly lying they need holding to account also. Marcus Balls recent attempt to take Boris Johnson to court was a perfect opportunity to do this with a clear cut case but of course it would never "be allowed" would it? Throwing one of them in clink for blatant lying would have perhaps focused their minds a bit before they take to Twitter spouting the sort of nonsense Boris does (and its not just him). Pity.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, Debroos, time4t, britcoms liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Only a memory
    I was going to post a razor sharp, well reasoned response to most of the previous posts.
    But what would it change..

Politics? The Meeja? The Retail Industry..? ... A pox on all their heads, say I.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Likes carol, mariesnowgoose, GinaRon, jagmanx liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information