mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's going bald too

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    I happened to get involved in a debate on a forum the other day that dealt with disabilities, mental health etc and I was just gobsmacked at some of the stories. Ok so your only hearing one persons side of the story and people can say what they like but one bloke was really badly disabled, cant get about at all and has mental health issues. Half his house is falling down, has basically no money as his benefits were going to some kind of tribunal as they reckon the poor sod is "fit for work". It was just heart breaking reading some of the accounts. Moving forward the way we are heading I would say your best course of action if you get in that situation would be a bullet or a high bridge as your basically fooked or soon will be as its just going to get worse and more and more hostile. Jeesaz! What kind of country are we becoming?
    In that situation and if I was desperate enough I would see if I could take down the main movers, shakers and 'approvers' of the systems that caused me to end up in such a tragic, desperate (and ultimately avoidable!) situation.

On a less violent note, you might not remember the story of the Northumberland farmer who took to protesting in an unconventional way (no one was hurt, but he sure made his point!). Took him 10 years, but he finally got his compensation. Sometimes you just have to stick with it and never give up.

Farmer gets PS300,000 payout after manure protest against bank | The Independent
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    In that situation and if I was desperate enough I would see if I could take down the main movers, shakers and 'approvers' of the systems that caused me to end up in such a tragic, desperate (and ultimately avoidable!) situation.

On a less violent note, you might not remember the story of the Northumberland farmer who took to protesting in an unconventional way (no one was hurt, but he sure made his point!). Took him 10 years, but he finally got his compensation. Sometimes you just have to stick with it and never give up.

Farmer gets PS300,000 payout after manure protest against bank | The Independent
    Great result ,. eventually..
    Apologies if covered already . Is there some reason.why this forum appears to be on the naughty step ?
    Seems a bit daft ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    97 sprinter ex police riot van.
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Great result ,. eventually..
    Apologies if covered already . Is there some reason.why this forum appears to be on the naughty step ?
    Seems a bit daft ?
    I think it may be because of the the totally innocent suggestion, of taking the unfeeling animals who cause disabled people to feel so worthless, with them if they decide to take their own lives!!

Phill
    Learning to dance, where one step forward & two steps back is progress!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by time4t View Post
    I think it may be because of the the totally innocent suggestion, of taking the unfeeling animals who cause disabled people to feel so worthless, with them if they decide to take their own lives!!

Phill
    Doesn't seem too extreme , would have to read it . What thread was that ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information