CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Place in the World

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre

Our Place in the World

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Interesting to see how little Brexit means in the overall scheme of things economically.

The $80 Trillion World Economy in One Chart
    2CV
    Likes mark61, trevskoda, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    We lost our industry because of old farts running it,look at m/cycle industry,english bikes to go to work,what crap when young lads wanted a hailwood replica,no wonder the japs wrecked the bike and later the car industry with the goods folk wanted.
    Look at the bsa bantam then the honda,which at 17 would you buy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes 2cv, yeoblade, mariesnowgoose, bobj808 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Itís not really the world order that worries me itís the class divide that seems to year on year get wider and the only ones suffering are the NHS, Schools, council services and jobs for the future generations it does feel like there is no hope for future generations and governments just sit idly by and line their own pockets.
    🤬😡🤬😡
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling
    Thanks Debroos, mariesnowgoose thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    It kind of highlights who will hold all the cards when we are removed from that big block of green and start to take on that humongous block of pink.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter
    Yes, she was good but she did sometimes not address the question as she was trying to reinforce her views which was a bit annoying I felt.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Charts like Bill has posted I find interesting but bearing in mind Benjamins Disraelis words such figures can be flipped to suit needs , As an example gdp generated per capita give a different set of result, GDP per square mile of the relevant countires possibly another.

So we want to be a smaller fish in the pond, struggling to see the advantges myself

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Charts like Bill has posted I find interesting but bearing in mind Benjamins Disraelis words such figures can be flipped to suit needs , As an example gdp generated per capita give a different set of result, GDP per square mile of the relevant countires possibly another.

So we want to be a smaller fish in the pond, struggling to see the advantges myself

Channa
    Truth is the UK cannot survive on its own. Virtually no country does now. The whole world is made up single market type trade zones now. We have to be a member of one club or another. Basically we are talking about swapping the EU for the USA. The two are incompatible though so you cant have both. If people think the EU was controlling, wait until they see what Donald Trump has in store for us and if we cut ties with the EU which we will have to do to appease "The Donald" there will be feck all we can do about it either.
    Likes jacquigem, mariesnowgoose, time4t liked this post

mariesnowgoose is offline Official OTW
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's gone bald!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i
    Quote Originally Posted by Debroos View Post
    Yes, she was good but she did sometimes not address the question as she was trying to reinforce her views which was a bit annoying I felt.
    No more annoying than all the politicians that do this all the time and never answer a direct question, always deflecting the question by saying what THEY want to say and what THEIR view on such-and-such is, or lying about what they've done to address certain issues by quoting how much money or whatever they've supposedly laid out for whatever public service is struggling due to government enforced cutbacks and austerity. MPs nearly always pussyfoot around and 'play the politics game' dodging and ducking questions, which is even more annoying and boring than a comedienne expressing a personal viewpoint - and never goes anywhere, apart from disappearing as yet more hot air!

And why shouldn't she? The politicians use Question Time as a platform to promote their party policies/propaganda all the time. So it needs a lot more counterbalance from real people at the sharp end of those policies as a reality check.

At least she was speaking honestly from the viewpoint of a disabled person and on behalf of disabled people at the sharp end of this government's nasty policies for a few years now.

Personally I agree with everything she said, but that's because I know several people (yes, real people in the flesh, not just some statistic in the media) who are or have suffered badly at the sharp end of these policies. Do you?
    Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Likes barryd, time4t, delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    No more annoying than all the politicians that do this all the time and never answer a direct question, always deflecting the question by saying what THEY want to say and what THEIR view on such-and-such is, or lying about what they've done to address certain issues by quoting how much money or whatever they've supposedly laid out for whatever public service is struggling due to government enforced cutbacks and austerity. MPs nearly always pussyfoot around and 'play the politics game' dodging and ducking questions, which is even more annoying and boring than a comedienne expressing a personal viewpoint - and never goes anywhere, apart from disappearing as yet more hot air!

And why shouldn't she? The politicians use Question Time as a platform to promote their party policies/propaganda all the time. So it needs a lot more counterbalance from real people at the sharp end of those policies as a reality check.

At least she was speaking honestly from the viewpoint of a disabled person and on behalf of disabled people at the sharp end of this government's nasty policies for a few years now.

Personally I agree with everything she said, but that's because I know several people (yes, real people in the flesh, not just some statistic in the media) who are or have suffered badly at the sharp end of these policies. Do you?
    I happened to get involved in a debate on a forum the other day that dealt with disabilities, mental health etc and I was just gobsmacked at some of the stories. Ok so your only hearing one persons side of the story and people can say what they like but one bloke was really badly disabled, cant get about at all and has mental health issues. Half his house is falling down, has basically no money as his benefits were going to some kind of tribunal as they reckon the poor sod is "fit for work". It was just heart breaking reading some of the accounts. Moving forward the way we are heading I would say your best course of action if you get in that situation would be a bullet or a high bridge as your basically fooked or soon will be as its just going to get worse and more and more hostile. Jeesaz! What kind of country are we becoming?
    Likes time4t liked this post
    Thanks delicagirl thanked for this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information