CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Need a spot in East Lothian

hibeejo Guest

Need a spot in East Lothian

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Wondered if anyone knows anything about this spot near dunbar 55.97097,-2.421938 (google map ref)

Appears to be a car park there, maybe even with a toilet, as anyone been here?

If a no-go could anyone suggest somewhere in this region?

Thanks

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeejo View Post
    Wondered if anyone knows anything about this spot near dunbar 55.97097,-2.421938 (google map ref)

Appears to be a car park there, maybe even with a toilet, as anyone been here?

If a no-go could anyone suggest somewhere in this region?

Thanks
    Hi Jo, you over lasts weeks result yet???

Spot you mention. We had planned to stop there about 2 summers back. There is a hight barrier, which did not pose a problem for our pop top roof.

It is a nice beach, used to sit out there when building Torness nuke station. We moved on because, there were lots of empty beer bottles and tins scattered about, then about 4pm police car did a drive by, so I put two and two together and came up with the fact, I reckon this is a drinking spot for local youth/boy racers, so we moved further south. Judgement call really, it could work out ok if you stay over, can get under the barrier??

hibeejo Guest
    Aye just getting over it now.

Sounding like that spots a possibiliyy. tbh we're looking at getting a cheap lads weekend somewhere for my mates 30th. so ideally we'd like it remote enough not to disturb people and near bog and pub

Member Number
    Motorhome
    You should be ok there, the one house is now empty, can you get under the barrier?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    None Currently :(
    would the area just before the barrier be suitable to stay for a night? 55.97018,-2.42653 or is that a turning space only?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    I reckon you will be fine there for a night, plenty room to manouvre, even with a MH parked up.....

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis Autostratus
    Added to the POIs - thanks

Member Number
    Motorhome
    toyota hilux demountable

dunbar layby and tap !

just along the road before the golf course there is a long raised layby next to a cemetery - with a tap ! .we stayed here in 2010 and twice last year .very quiet just a couple of hgv neighbours.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by loveshackUTE View Post
    just along the road before the golf course there is a long raised layby next to a cemetery - with a tap ! .we stayed here in 2010 and twice last year .very quiet just a couple of hgv neighbours.
    Thanks for the information

I've added the layby to the Wild Camp POIs and the tap to the Tap POIs ...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Camargue (Renault Master 2003)
    I've walked past that height barrier many times , and have seen the odd van parked up on the side of the road before you get there , the other layby sounds better though, I know it but never stopped overnight doesn't it have loos as well?
    It is a great coast to walk along btw , towards Torness . Back towards Dunbar your limited to the edge of golf course.

Thread Information