CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog trailer

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleepers Symbol campervan

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezza33 View Post
    Did you miss the bit where I said she has arthritis?
    Iíve got arthritis but I push myself to walk & move about every day otherwise Iíd end up like a fat blob in a wheelchair, like one sees so many of these days.
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 584 Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by spigot View Post
    Iíve got arthritis but I push myself to walk & move about every day otherwise Iíd end up like a fat blob in a wheelchair, like one sees so many of these days.
    I also have arthritis and a few other ailments and I do not give up but a dog will walk until it drops if you let it so we have to look after her

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Bracken kicks up a fuss when she wants to go for a walk then runs to the gate to get onto the fields, where she will walk by my side, generally mooch about and sniff every cow and sheep dropping [even eat the odd one or two] the dirty bitch!
    So, I am happily walking along, enjoying the views, saying the odd hello's to the animals, soaking up the bird song, I look back to see where Bracken is.... the lazy bugger has only gone and scampered back home and tucked herself in her bed!

Almost a daily occurrence these days, mind, she's nearly 90 now in our years so will allow her, her indulgences.
    The best thing about motorhoming? It's harder for relatives to visit a moving target.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Our dogs are young and fit. But we donít let them run on the road!!! I also use the trailer (minus dogs) to do and do a big shop if we arenít on a driving day.
    Likes Tezza33 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    You cannot walk an elderly or infirm dog very far. If you have more than one dog it is cruel to leave the infirm one behind as they want to come with you. The best result is to take it, let it walk a while, do its business and get some mental stimulation. Then you can put it in a buggy of some description.

Let's hope that if Spigot gets too infirm to walk far, he can have the use of a disability scooter, I would hate to think that he was housebound and could not get out.
    Likes Tezza33, yorkslass liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleepers Symbol campervan
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    You cannot walk an elderly or infirm dog very far. If you have more than one dog it is cruel to leave the infirm one behind as they want to come with you. The best result is to take it, let it walk a while, do its business and get some mental stimulation. Then you can put it in a buggy of some description.

Let's hope that if Spigot gets too infirm to walk far, he can have the use of a disability scooter, I would hate to think that he was housebound and could not get out.

I thoroughly agree with that first section, but looking at the proliferation of dog prams, Iím sure there canít be that amount of infirm mutts.

As to the second paragraph, if I get that bad, there will be a phone call to DIGNITAS.
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mazda bongo
    I have a dog trailer available for sale also. Looking for a similar price (£80). Reckon about the same size. I bought it for my elderly terrier but bought a larger one because it was offered to me (brand new).

I'm based in Swindon if anyone is interested?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information