CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Winter 2009-2010

lazncaz Guest

Winter 2009-2010

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Yes,I know it's a bit early,but does anybody know of any "active" wild camping places or aires on the South Of France coast,during the winter,particularly over Christmas(2009-2010).The Languedoc end seems to die over the winter.

Really cannot face employing security firm to guard against thieves,and see all the destroyed coastline in Spain again.

Never was the phrase "La vida loca" more fitting!

Pioneer Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lazncaz View Post
    Yes,I know it's a bit early,but does anybody know of any "active" wild camping places or aires on the South Of France coast,during the winter,particularly over Christmas(2009-2010).The Languedoc end seems to die over the winter.

Really cannot face employing security firm to guard against thieves,and see all the destroyed coastline in Spain again.

Never was the phrase "La vida loca" more fitting!
    Hi,
    have you tried, Les Saintes Maries De La Mer?
    Just on the outskirts of the town a very large car park, run by the local council I think. It's within 5/10 mins walking to town.
    I enjoyed this area, but was later in the year around Easter when we went so can't speak of the weather around Christmas time, but gets very busy around Easter.
    Lots of little restaraunts, bars and shops, but will be very quiet at the time of year you are travelling.
    I know what you mean about the thieves on the coast of Spain, but they are everywhere, including the S of France! Just be carefull, and have a nice trip.

Happy Camping

Pioneer Guest
    Sorry, just noticed that you are new members so welcome and enjoy the site.

Happy Camping

Member Number
    Motorhome
    hymer b544

welcome

Welcome to the wildys Lazncaz

weez
    Tony

The Cumbrian Guest
    Argeles-sur-Mer.

Just North of the village.

Nolly Guest
    Try Le Lavandou, We stopped there last November at the parking by the port.
    Great spot with beach walks, places to eat and supermarkets nearby.
    The problem with the south that time of year are the mistral winds, but we were told that east of Toulon it's sheltered from these winds. Another nice little spot is St Clair just a couple of klicks further on with parking right longside the beach. You will have plenty of company and we're thinking of returning there ourselves. Bonne route.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Hi,
    have you tried, Les Saintes Maries De La Mer?
    Just on the outskirts of the town a very large car park, run by the local council I think. It's within 5/10 mins walking to town.
    I enjoyed this area, but was later in the year around Easter when we went so can't speak of the weather around Christmas time, but gets very busy around Easter.

I know what you mean about the thieves on the coast of Spain, but they are everywhere, including the S of France! Just be carefull, and have a nice trip.

Happy Camping
    Hello and welcome..

TBH I was here last April and didnt even bother stopping!!!..It was like Beirut...I moved on to Aigues Morte ..wihich is a lovely little place.

Herein lies the problem Pioneer found it great when he visited albeit a different time of year.

So take peoples 'advice' ( mine included) all in the context that venues change dependant upon the time of year.

Le Lavendou , Coglolin a bit further to the east I didnt find as busy.

I found myself when using aires having a 'diversionary aire'. In case they were full ( which they never were) or I wasnt comfortable.

But all part of the fun

Happy Camping

Channa

lazncaz Guest

I'm gonna need a valium soon!

Thanks for info,and sorry if we gave the impression we are new to travelling on the Continent.We are not.

O.k,don't wish to upset anyone,but we were quite specific.....Christmas......activity......"peoples " (as the meerkats say). Whitsun,Easter,my mums birthday,Burns Night,final day of Britains Got Talent,Jordan and Petes Divorce Day......all covered guys!

Stay focused....Christmas.

Thread Information