Thread: Netherlands gathering 11th-16th April 2019

EL Sid is offline Entire Member
    Name: David
    Spouse: Sanchia

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Campereve Motorhome (Fiat Ducatto )

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We would also be interested in crossing at Dover and spending a day or two driving up Holland as per Colin's suggestion in the intro. Although we might decide, being based in Cornwall to go across from Plymouth to Roscoff and drive up the coast to meet up with members of the group instead.
    D & S
    Adventure before Dementia !!
    Likes Full Member, jeffmossy, RoaminRog liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Movano self build
    I'm up for this - add me to the list please :-)
    Likes Full Member, Linda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote
    Just chatting with Alan about this - definitely interested so please add Old Man Down
    Likes EL Sid liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    avondale seasap

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    So after getting lots of interest and after a quiet a few emails. I'm now able to announce the dates for the Netherlands gathering.

I have organised the gathering for 5 nights from the 11th-16th April 2019 Arrival is after 14:00 hours, departure until 12:00 hours. This is over a long weekend but could also coincide with a longer trip.

This will be held at Camping Op Hoop Van Zegen.

Camping Op hoop van zegen

The prices for 2019 have not been announced as yet, but are likely to be in the region 23,50 Euro's per night including electric hook up and tourist tax. There are good clean toilets and showers (coin operated, 1 Euro 20mins) on site.
    This years prices,
    High season Flower Parade
    €19,00 excluding tourist tax €1,71 per person per night.
    Extra adult €4,40
    Dog €3,00
    Child 13-17 jaar €4,40
    Tourist tax, per person €1,71

I have asked for a discount, but this is the busiest time of year...

This will be over the best weekend, with the Keukenhof Gardens being 10kms away and with the flower parade passing by on the Saturday, less than 1.5kms from the site.

The campsite is 2, 5 km away from Noordwijk aan Zee, which is known as a seaside resort. Noordwijk-Binnen has a beautiful historic village centre. In the spring there are a lot of flower fields. Around Noordwijk are beautiful natural areas.

The Keukenhof flower gardens are a must see, 70 acres of beautiful laid out flower gardens through woods and beside lakes. Its a once in a lifetime experience. Cost wise its very reasonable 17.00 euros per person and 6.00 euros to park. Its better to purchase your tickets before hand to save queuing at the entrances.

Two other places that are close buy and well worth seeing are the Zaanse Schans windmills. It’s 10 euros to park here and not allot of room for motorhomes. I parked further away and cycled in. Wormerveer has free parking along the canal and a beautiful cycle ride through the old town upto the windmills. These are great to walk round and for people interested in industry and steam power then a visit to the The Museum De Cruquius is a must.

This is a work in progress and as more ideas and suggestions come forward this could extend either side of these dates to explore more of the Netherlands. I did wild camp at a very traditional Dutch bar for a couple of nights so this could be an added possibility.

I'd like to welcome Full Member, Colin to the organizing team. He is a great addition, with a heaps to travel experience in the Netherlands and Europe. One of his many good suggestions as he lives in the South East. We could organize a Dover Calais crossing with a few days spent travelling up through France and Belgium before the main meet.

There are many ways to get to the Netherlands, I usually go from Harwich to The Hook of Holland with Stenna Line catching the 23.00 ferry. Booking a cabin and breakfast before arriving at 08.00. This is normally under £300 return. Though I have contacted Stenna line about a group discount if people would like to travel that way. Dover Calais return for me last week with the van was £80.

I have been to Europe countless times over the years and its easy, well after the first roundabout. We would be more than happy to help people who have never been before. Later on we will be adding a list of requirements and tips for continental travel.

1. Stitch x1
    2. Campervanannie
    3. Full Member
    4. Linda x2
    5. Benylin x2
    6. Sue
    7. Norman64
    8. Moonshadow x2
    9. Admin
    10. Looser Cruiser
    We would love to join you is it ok for our dogs to come they have been to France with us on the Dover/calis ferry ,'
    Likes Stitch liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140
    I've just noticed that this follows on from the annual meet at Whitwell and Reepham Station. Living in Sussex, I would normally travel from Dover but if some of us were already at the Whitwell meet, it would make more sense to go from Harwich. Just thinking aloud really... there may not even be a Whitwell meet next year!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    avondale seasap

Netherlands

[QUOTE=Stitch;930461]So after getting lots of interest and after a quiet a few emails. I'm now able to announce the dates for the Netherlands gathering.

I have organised the gathering for 5 nights from the 11th-16th April 2019 Arrival is after 14:00 hours, departure until 12:00 hours. This is over a long weekend but could also coincide with a longer trip.

This will be held at Camping Op Hoop Van Zegen.

Camping Op hoop van zegen

The prices for 2019 have not been announced as yet, but are likely to be in the region 23,50 Euro's per night including electric hook up and tourist tax. There are good clean toilets and showers (coin operated, 1 Euro 20mins) on site.
    This years prices,
    High season Flower Parade
    €19,00 excluding tourist tax €1,71 per person per night.
    Extra adult €4,40
    Dog €3,00
    Child 13-17 jaar €4,40
    Tourist tax, per person €1,71

I have asked for a discount, but this is the busiest time of year...

This will be over the best weekend, with the Keukenhof Gardens being 10kms away and with the flower parade passing by on the Saturday, less than 1.5kms from the site.

The campsite is 2, 5 km away from Noordwijk aan Zee, which is known as a seaside resort. Noordwijk-Binnen has a beautiful historic village centre. In the spring there are a lot of flower fields. Around Noordwijk are beautiful natural areas.

The Keukenhof flower gardens are a must see, 70 acres of beautiful laid out flower gardens through woods and beside lakes. Its a once in a lifetime experience. Cost wise its very reasonable 17.00 euros per person and 6.00 euros to park. Its better to purchase your tickets before hand to save queuing at the entrances.
    Hi did you get my message about taking the dogs pilsleyavondale
    Two other places that are close buy and well worth seeing are the Zaanse Schans windmills. It’s 10 euros to park here and not allot of room for motorhomes. I parked further away and cycled in. Wormerveer has free parking along the canal and a beautiful cycle ride through the old town upto the windmills. These are great to walk round and for people interested in industry and steam power then a visit to the The Museum De Cruquius is a must.

This is a work in progress and as more ideas and suggestions come forward this could extend either side of these dates to explore more of the Netherlands. I did wild camp at a very traditional Dutch bar for a couple of nights so this could be an added possibility.

I'd like to welcome Full Member, Colin to the organizing team. He is a great addition, with a heaps to travel experience in the Netherlands and Europe. One of his many good suggestions as he lives in the South East. We could organize a Dover Calais crossing with a few days spent travelling up through France and Belgium before the main meet.

There are many ways to get to the Netherlands, I usually go from Harwich to The Hook of Holland with Stenna Line catching the 23.00 ferry. Booking a cabin and breakfast before arriving at 08.00. This is normally under £300 return. Though I have contacted Stenna line about a group discount if people would like to travel that way. Dover Calais return for me last week with the van was £80.

I have been to Europe countless times over the years and its easy, well after the first roundabout. We would be more than happy to help people who have never been before. Later on we will be adding a list of requirements and tips for continental travel.

1. Stitch x1
    2. Campervanannie
    3. Full Member
    4. Linda x2
    5. Benylin x2
    6. Sue
    7. Norman64
    8. Moonshadow x2
    9. Admin
    10. Looser Cruiser
    15.[/hi pilsleyavondale did you get my message about taking the dogs iQUOTE]

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S with bidet
    Would love to come, if there’s room please.
    Likes EL Sid liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    autotrail chieftain
    please add us to your list if poss.
    many many thanks

kevin and gwen

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Vauxhall Movano High Top conversion.
    Hi everyone,

First of lots of Apologies, sorry I’ve been very busy with work and personal problems. Having parents in their late 80’s has been taking up allot of my time.

But hopefully this is now easing and I can get my finger back on the pulse.

I will be updating this post and answering any questions.

One of the main things is to get the final numbers sorted for The camp site.
    Likes RoaminRog, EL Sid liked this post
    Thanks RoaminRog, EL Sid thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    avondale seasap

Nertherlands

Just read your last message if we can take the dogs yes w love to come pilsleyavondale

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information