CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: poi may need removing. CU Inverness 2

Member Number
    Motorhome
    ADRIA IZOLA S687 SPG

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by bodgeitnscarper View Post
    Just yellow signs with black writing. No other information but they look new. There is a lot of work going on in the community skatepark and I wonder if they expect lots of people.the signs didn't stop me from staying we were visiting on our way through.
    A good few months back, some travellers, well, quite a few of them, set up camp there big style, trailers, off road vehicles, quad bikes ect, the council must have raised an eviction order, as when i arrived there I thought there had been a major incident by the amount of police about, but I soon realised they were just moving them out. That's probably the reason for the new signs. As an afterthought, we know the signs are advisory only, and I`m pretty sure our travelling brothers know too, so why do they bother erecting signs that do no good, cos it`s us and not them that are paying for them.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Suntor 590 RS
    I've been and had a look and I suspect (but can't be totally certain) that these are due to the large amount of work in the area for the new ring road. I'd remove the POI for the moment.

In general, Highland Council are slowly removing these signs over the whole region and even those that remain are legally unenforceable (Confirmed by a local Police Officer).

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyR View Post
    I've been and had a look and I suspect (but can't be totally certain) that these are due to the large amount of work in the area for the new ring road. I'd remove the POI for the moment.

In general, Highland Council are slowly removing these signs over the whole region and even those that remain are legally unenforceable (Confirmed by a local Police Officer).
    Thanks for taking a look, however I will leave the POI and leave people to exercise their discretion.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information