CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Kilmore Quay

Member Number
    Motorhome
    T4

Kilmore Quay

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    anyone stayed o/night here recently?

It seems a good place to come off the ferry for a first nighter - but I found an old thread elsewhere that suggested the locals don't appreciate it and potentially up to 20 MHs end up there "nightly" .

any pointers? Thinking of spending Monday night there!

didds

Member Number
    Have stopped there but not in last couple of years (was ok in 2013 but busy) check out Motorhomecraic: for motorhomers across ireland
    http://www.rebbyvid.co.uk/

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Only a memory
    I'm sure our resident N.I. agent. Trev will put you right, when he gets up.
    Look at Carrick Fergus, where there is a proper aire, reasonably quiet parking and a Weatherspoons.
    Enjoy your trip.
    Hope the weather is OK.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..

Member Number
    if your going round that southern coast there's one or two good spots on the copper coast close to Annestown. (Kilmore Quay is southern Ireland by the way.)
    DSC_0403.jpg

If going north Curracloe is ok .
    DSC_0350.jpg
    Did find a few boy racers at Curracloe last year ,so if a problem just carry on down the lane to Ballinesker beach its much quieter
    Google Maps
    Last edited by rebbyvid; 02-09-2016 at 12:21.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by rebbyvid View Post
    if your going round that southern coast there's one or two good spots on the copper coast close to Annestown. Kilmore Quay is south by the way. If going north
    DSC_0403.jpg

Curracloe is ok .
    DSC_0350.jpg
    Thereis lovely free small car park on the top of the cliffs just past Annestown (bit breezy in a howling gale mind!!) In the next small village on the coast going west there is a severe 90degree right hand bend at a pub, turn left there into what looks like someones back yard and there is a small beach-side car park tucked away.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    Thereis lovely free small car park on the top of the cliffs just past Annestown (bit breezy in a howling gale mind!!) In the next small village on the coast going west there is a severe 90degree right hand bend at a pub, turn left there into what looks like someones back yard and there is a small beach-side car park tucked away.
    Thats where top pic is taken ,if you continue on the R675 through Arnestown there is a large layby overlooking an inlet and out of the wind. Roads are very quiet overnight.
    DSC_0415.jpgDSC_0416.jpg
    Google Maps
    Last edited by rebbyvid; 03-09-2016 at 08:49.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    T4
    Cheers all.

I did know kilmore quay is RoI ... I didn't realise though that this forum's designation of ireland/n Ireland actually meant just northern Ireland, I thought it meant RoI AND N Ireland. Apologies��.

I cant find Ireland as in RoI in the Europe section... Can somebody point me to where i need to post about RoI please.

Ta!

Didds

Thread Information