mariesnowgoose is offline Unreformed Mongoose
    Name: Marie
    Spouse: She's picking on me again

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika Ecovip 400i

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCross View Post
    Other than the genuinely disabled they are Bunch of scroungers. I have never claimed benefits other than child benefit. always paid my tax & NI contributions that go to support these feckless layabouts. They all think they are entitled yet have never paid a penny into the system that supports them.......................................

Would that be the bankers & politicians you're talking about, Chris? The ones that have scrounged billions and never been brought to account?

Oops! Sorry - I must learn not to bite, I must learn not to bite, I must learn not to bite, I must learn not to bite....

Life: unfinished threads in a never-ending tapestry
    There but for the grace of God go I
    Thanks GinaRon thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie Master View Post
    I lived in France for 10 years and it is amazing but over there, there are next to no social handouts, if you want to live then you bloody well work!

When it comes to immigration, anyone travelling into France from wherever the supposedly asylum seekers are coming from, the French, the Spanish and the Ialians give them next to no financial assistance which is why so many of them keep on trying to get to the UK where our social services go out of their collective way to give them housing, food, money etc. etc.

Throughout my working life I was fortunate enough to only ever have to go to Social Services to sign on on one occasion and in so doing, I sincerely wanted to receive some help and understanding for and about the situation I was in.................. did I receive any, no not one iota of help or support despite the fact that I had paid 10's of thousands of 's in income tax over the years!
    But at the next desk was sat a young woman who was in her late teens early 20's, she had patently never worked, she had one child crawling noisily around on the floor creating havoc, she had a baby in her arms and she was also patently very pregnant. There was absolutely no privacy at these interview desks and I could clearly hear the social worker, saying words to the effect............. "oh you can't get to the shops, if you fill in this form you can claim for a taxi" "oh you poor dear, you haven't had a holiday, if you fill in this form I am sure we can arrange one for you" etc. etc.

I wish this country of ours got one hell of a lot harder with people like this of which there are tens of thousands!
    i met an english man yesterday who has returned from 15 years living in France. France now has 9million people living below the poverty line. There is financial support for the most needy.
    Likes channa, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Enlagh Marlin 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mariesnowgoose View Post
    Would that be the bankers & politicians you're talking about, Chris? The ones that have scrounged billions and never been brought to account?

Oops! Sorry - I must learn not to bite, I must learn not to bite, I must learn not to bite, I must learn not to bite....

bankers & politicians are whole different kettle of fish (Bottom Feeders).
    Just wandering around and loving it.
    Likes mariesnowgoose, GinaRon liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    i met an english man yesterday who has returned from 15 years living in France. France now has 9million people living below the poverty line. There is financial support for the most needy.
    There is indeed, I lived in France myself 4 years, it is called chomage and represents 80% of a claimants last salary but no housing benefits etc. It backfires on the French a little as to people taking new work should it not work out then 80 % of a lower figure

The poster is correct that access traditionally to the UK system has attracted immigrants because we haven't traditionally used qualifying periods so in that sense with interpretors etc the UK has been easier,,,Strangley of course we blame the EU but truth is it is Westminster policy nothing to do with Europe

It shows the power of the media to pollute peoples minds when 1.3 billion is claimed fraudulently 16 billion of benefits go unclaimed and the piece de resistance 120 bn avoided in Corporation tax so who should we chase first ?
    tax take.jpg

Channa
    Thanks mariesnowgoose, GinaRon thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master (Self Built)
    Quote Originally Posted by delicagirl View Post
    Yes exactly, the French have a system where the MOST needy can receive financial support and that is very strictly reserved for an exceptionally limited few, not like it is in this soft soap country of ours where every single arse dragging moron and lazy spineless git just goes and signs on and receives benefit after benefit.

I am afraid it all has to stop sometime because this shower of useless suckers.............. well words fail me as my collar has just burst open with pent up rage!!
    Likes Scrag liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 240
    i really did not want to offend anyone, and not quite the response I expected (should have nowed better I suppose) but I will keep posting, if I find a joke that makes me laugh out loud and I can copy and paste expect to see them on here.
    You can take the girl out of Wales but you cannot take Wales out of the girl
    Thanks mariesnowgoose, Tezza33 thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    The only thing that offends or sickens me is a empty plate.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes delicagirl liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Vw lt 35

My tuppence worth.

Less than 2p of every pound we pay in tax goes into the whole of the benefits/welfare system........just sayin....
    Thanks delicagirl, iampatman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Vw lt 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie Master View Post
    Yes exactly, the French have a system where the MOST needy can receive financial support and that is very strictly reserved for an exceptionally limited few, not like it is in this soft soap country of ours where every single arse dragging moron and lazy spineless git just goes and signs on and receives benefit after benefit.

I am afraid it all has to stop sometime because this shower of useless suckers.............. well words fail me as my collar has just burst open with pent up rage!!
    And as I understand it, in France you can only claim benefits AFTER you have paid taxes from your employment for a minimum of two years?

I had a good kick in the nads recently from the DWP, 30 years I’ve worked, employed and self employed about 50/50......I had a pretty bad bike accident that has put me off work, so I tried claim sick pay, only to be told I didn’t qualify as I hadn’t paid enough National insurance in the last two years......even though I explained I get stopped 20% tax at source, and the tax man never gives me my rebate until he’s paid the treasury my Nat ins contributions, albeit at a lower rate than employed people pay.......I asked what about the previous 28 years that I had paid in for,and I only claimed once for my family when in between jobs, for less than a month.

I’ve read that they introduced this to stop the benefit immigrants claiming to be ill so they didn’t have to prove they were looking for a job, plus it’s about 30 more than basic dole money

in my hour of need I get nowt.

And yet in the benefits Europeans pour, taking, and giving nothing back.......brilliant.
    Something is wrong when I get excluded because the idiots in power exclude me, when trying to shut a loophole that’s being exploited.

And yes before the anti brexit brigade jump on, I know there are lots of decent Europeans working here.....I’m on about the likes of them Roma’s that we’re on the documentary fully admitting they were here for the benefits and to thieve, so don’t call me a racist far right it’s or owt.......cos I’m not, I’ve never voted in my life, and only registered to vote last year as I simply had to get registered for financial reasons, and I’ve many, many coloured friends, and Eastern European friends, last Xmas day was spent eating and drinking all day at Cezary and Marianhouse,my polish friends for over ten years.
    I was Cezary foreman on a major gas pipeline.....the boss was only giving him 80 a day, with no uplift at weekends, other labourers of uk origin were on 140 a day......210 on Saturday, 280 Sunday.
    Cezary was at least as good as them at work, in fact better. I got him the same rates as the UK boys.......and rightly so.

Vivre le France ���� Give the scrounges nowt.
    Last edited by Scrag; 04-02-2019 at 21:50.

yorkshireCPLE is offline Full Member
    Name: Carl
    Spouse: Helen, the better half...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson Welcome 28
    Makes us sick the way this benefit system works (or should we say doesn't)!!!
    Due to having surgery and been left with a disability, no I didn't claim against the NHS and now I've also suffered a heart attack and unable to work. Following this the wife got cancer and she too had to stop work for a year whilst undergoing surgery, Chemo and Radiotherapy. She's worked for the same Company for 30 years and had to claim ESP. (1st time she's ever claimed ever) They paid her the standard rate.
    I've been told I'm not disabled enough to get the points needed to be able to claim due to the fact I don't need a carer and the wife is employed full time. So basically we live of her wage alone. She's a secretary so not a huge wage.
    Now she has just got back to full time work and slowly trying to get back on our feet financially when through the post came a TAX BILL so we can pay tax back on the benefits that she got while off sick. Nobody told us that this would happen. We presumed the money she was getting was to live on. After all, she has always been on PAYE and never had to do a tax return so you can imagine our surprise when we found out they wanted nearly 800 back by end of this January bearing in mind the first we heard of this was about 8 weeks before the dead line.
    We have called them to ask why it wasn't sorted through her works sick pay and the tax code. They still haven't told us. They told us to setup an online simple tax payment thing online and pay it by the 31st Jan. But we aren't in a position to. . They didn't want to help and just told us to wait until the next letter and then they will see what can be done. (still waiting)
    As far as we are concerned it should of been explained to us and her tax code should of been changed to cover this.
    When we were dealing with cancer treatments all other things were a bit of a blur. We are now waiting to see what the next move is from HMRC but to be honest they can't get blood from a stone.
    Thanks harrow thanked for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information