CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Aussie bike safety ad

  1. #11

    Member Number
    6231
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,060
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100


    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    my post has been censored - minority rules ok?
    I can see it, I for one don't find it offensive,

    Channa

  2. #12

    Member Number
    29986
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,216
    Location
    Dewsbury West Yorks
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    Ffs!

  3. #13

    Member Number
    3011
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,568
    Motorhome
    5 vehicles in four countries. Hobby in Germany, Airstream Cutter in USA, MCI MH & OKA 4WD in Oz,
    Australia, like many other countries, has alsbeen rolling out the rule to give cyclists a metre or more clearance when overtaking, and I try to do it in all countries too.
    Had to stop it during our last trip in England and Ireland because I kept ending up in the hedge on the other side of the road.
    Tony
    International Grey Nomad - currently Germany, Italy, England and Ireland
    Likes GreggBear, Fazerloz, helmit, time4t liked this post

  4. #14

    Member Number
    35370
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    57
    Motorhome
    New majestic 125
    Like the post, like the idea behind the advert as well. Happy to share the road with the increasing number of cyclists, even if they are all mad, but we all need to find ways to change our behaviour if we want everyone to stay safe. The power of humour and shock seem legitimate tools to get a message across.
    Likes time4t liked this post

  5. #15

    Member Number
    1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,066
    Location
    Henley-in-Arden
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    my post has been censored - minority rules ok?
    No, Google suspending my advertising revenue because someone posted an image with the word C%^T in it. Google's systems can read the text in photos. I know it was in jest so I edited it in jest.

  6. #16

    Member Number
    71275
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    282
    Location
    Cornwall
    Motorhome
    Auto-trail Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by CHBrinton View Post
    Like the post, like the idea behind the advert as well. Happy to share the road with the increasing number of cyclists, even if they are all mad, but we all need to find ways to change our behaviour if we want everyone to stay safe. The power of humour and shock seem legitimate tools to get a message across.
    However, the original ad on the back of that Perth bus read, "If you don't see him, neither will his family; watch out for cyclists", the last bit of which motorists with an anti-cyclist agenda photoshopped to read, "watch out for dumb ****s on bikes". The resulting flame wars were legendary. I'm convinced the intention of the photoshoppers was to incite hatred of cyclists in the same that Jeremy Clarkson incited hatred of caravans and motorhomes by demonising us at every available opportunity, referring to us as "the motorhome menace", accusing us of being the most likely cause for traffic queues, etc. Instead of that cyclist, imagine it was a picture of your pride and joy with the caption, "Stuck in a queue, it's probably some dumb c**t in a motorhome"!

  7. #17

    Member Number
    16509
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,232
    Location
    bristol
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    No, Google suspending my advertising revenue because someone posted an image with the word C%^T in it. Google's systems can read the text in photos. I know it was in jest so I edited it in jest.
    does this mean i can never mention Australia again ?i gather lots of them are C%^Ts
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes Edina liked this post

  8. #18

    Member Number
    1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,066
    Location
    Henley-in-Arden
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    does this mean i can never mention Australia again ?i gather lots of them are C%^Ts
    Please don't post pictures with the worst swear words in them and you will save me lots of hassle with google.
    Likes RV2MAX liked this post

  9. #19

    Member Number
    16509
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,232
    Location
    bristol
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Please don't post pictures with the worst swear words in them and you will save me lots of hassle with google.
    ok then , have you lost weight , you look different
    too blessed to be stressed

  10. #20

    Member Number
    5407
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,888
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Motorhome
    Hymer 584 Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    ok then , have you lost weight , you look different
    Photoshopped

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •