Henley-in-Arden Music Festival meet.
Each year in my home town we have a small music festival. Rather than being a field with a stage, local businesses host musicians over four days. Pubs, restaurants, coffee shops, etc.
There are some small outdoor events with bands playing in beer gardens and in the local open spaces.
Henley-in-Arden is a small tourist town and has plenty of pubs and eating houses. You can find some basic information here: Henley-in-Arden and Beaudesert in Warwickshire, England
The venue for the meet is Henley-in-Arden High School : Henley-in-Arden School
The fee will be £8.50 per van per night with a minimum of 3 nights stay. You can stay for 5 nights.
Earliest arrival on the Thursday is 4pm. This is because it is GSCE results day and the school will be open.
All vans must be off site by 4pm on the 29th August
I need to know how many nights that you intend to stay for when you book.
Some key information:
- We will have access to showers, toilets, cassette emptying and two outside water taps.
- All the pitches are hard standing.
- Pitches are spread across the site.
- There is a bus stop outside the school with buses running every 15 minutes into Stratford-upon-Avon (five miles away)
- Dogs must be kept on leads unless under supervision outside your van. Anyone not following this rule will be asked to leave.
- ALL dog mess MUST be picked up. Anyone not following this rule will be asked to leave.
- Henley has one long High Street that is about 1 mile long, the School is at the south end of this road.
- The school is over looked by houses, so late night music is not allowed. (but I think most people will be in the town anyway)
- All the collected money goes to the school.
- We have access to the school hall if we want somewhere to meet up.
- The Shakespeare Express (Steam Train) will be running through Henley four times on 27th August. You can book a ticket for it.
- This meet is capped at 60 vans
The school are waiving their "no dog being exercised on site" rule for us. This is because I have promised them that we will clean the site on arrival and exit. If I see any dogs running free and not under control, the offending members will be asked to leave the meet. If you are not happy with this, then do not attend this meet. Volunteers for poop patrol would be welcomed.
For more information on the Shakespeare Express visit this website :http://www.vintagetrainsonline.com/
I will add more detail when I can.
Google Earth view of School:
School site photo with parking marked:
The list of attendees
1) Oldish Hippy (5 nights)
2) Admin (5 nights)
3) StreetSleeper (5 nights)
5) izwasral (5 nights)
7) exwindsurfer (5 nights)
8) daisymini (5 nights)
9) Pauljenny (5 nights)
10) moonshadow (5 nights)
11) Edina (5 nights)
12) Campervanannie (5 nights)
13) Minisorella (5 nights)
15) Roaminrog (5 nights)
16) Looser Cruiser (3 nights)
17) bmc (5 nights)
18) Molly2 (5 nights)
19) jagmanx (3 nights)
20) The Laird
23) Jimbohorlicks (5 nights)
24) Hotrats (5 nights)
25) Robmac (5 nights)
26) denmar (5 nights)
27) Village (5 nights)
28) Stonedaddy (5 nights)
30) Yorklass (3 nights)
31) PaulHelenWilko (3 nights fri-sun)
32) Slider (Maybe)
33) Bennythebouncer (5 nights)
34) francophile1947 (5 nights)
35) BongoBaz (5 nights)
36) H Traveller (3 nights)
37) donrevy (3 nights)
38) ian1950 (5 nights)
39) Dottrinder (3 nights)
40) Nimmo777 (3 nights)
41) Wanderlust (5 nights)
42) Andyjanet (5 nights)
43) Juliet (3 nights)
44) Chris356 (3 nights)
45) Ghoster (3 nights)
46) Forcesixwindy (3 nights)
47) Haaamster (5 nights)
48) Pilseyavondale (5 nights)
49) Gixerem (3 nights)
50) Old Man Down (5 nights)
52) Tompa (5 nights)
53) irh (3 nights)
54) Salvage1 (4 nights Mon-Fri)
Checked our diary, sounds good to us.
Rae & Ann
Oh the posh posh travelling life, the travelling life for me.
This is one we should be able to get to.
Yes please I would like my name added, thank you
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)