CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Meet at the NEW Glasson Dock Rally Field, Lancaster, August 17, 18,19 20,21

Member Number:

Meet Summer Meet at the NEW Glasson Dock Rally Field, Lancaster, August 17, 18,19 20,21

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Another brand new location / venue for us at the Old Glasson Farm rally field , Old Glasson dock , Lancaster, Lancashire . August 17 until 21 . I have been working on this site to arrange a meet for a couple of years now and I am pleased to announce this meet is now confirmed . The site has running drinking water and a elsan emptying point, it has also had extensive work done at the beginning of this year on the drainage system for the field . This site has spectacular views overlooking Morecambe bay . I am also negotiating this venue for our members to stay here daily throughout the summer season providing it is not in use by other clubs on certain days . The fee is £6 per unit per night and you can come early or stay longer if you want . Here is a link to the entrance of the field Google Maps . There is enough room for 50 + vans and the nearest pub / shops / café is about 5 min walk . This meet is ideal for those members who have never attended a meet before ,come and join us and have a look at the quiet peaceful location and just chill out with us. If you are interested put your name on this thread ... Jeff

Dogs are also very welcome to join us

As this is just a quiet meet and we don't have a agenda set out, Saturday night anyone who is interested we will be having a walk to the pub 5 min away you are welcome to join us

And don't forget 10% Full member discount at the Smokehouse Shop in Glasson Dock

******* IMPORTANT UPDATE ********
    I have just been informed ,due to very heavy overnight rain the field is boggy in certain parts . When you arrive go to the top of the field were the ground is ok .The field is drying out so should be ok in a few hours providing no rain in between . IF YOU DO GET STUCK DONT TRY TO DRAG YOURSELF OUT phone Stewart on 07795096447 , he will come to your assistance . Apologies for the field but mother nature is the boss . See you all tomorrow ( Friday ) Jeff

1 Jeffmossy
    2 JohnDoris
    3 Carol
    4 jennyp19
    5 slider
    6 molly 2
    7 Minisorella
    8 Porkie yorkies
    9 harrym
    10 wints
    11 miduck
    12 Maggi
    13 LeeJan
    14 Peter51
    15 TransportJG
    16 eddyt
    17 Admin
    18 Janet
    19 Old Man Down
    20 Haaamster
    21 rwhites
    23 stonedaddy
    Last edited by jeffmossy; 17-08-2017 at 14:09.
    Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, cool buzzing, high talking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing...........Cant remember
    Likes - molly 2, Janet liked this post

Member Number:
    would love to come it will be my second meet 1st being Druridge bay the week before
    Please put my name down Chris Milo is it dog friendly? Thanks
    Likes - jeffmossy, trixie88 liked this post

Member Number:
    Put us down for this please.
    Likes - jeffmossy liked this post

Member Number:
    Good grief,Jeff, you're a busy bloke. Thanks.

We're south of Bordeaux, on our way back to Blighty.
    Until we know what the medics want from is, we can't commit.
    Just a word of caution,regarding the rally field.

It's a mud bath,if there's been heavy rain.
    Last time we were at The Dalton, Friends were on there for C&CC rally.
    They told us that they'd had to be towed ON,and weren't confident about how they'd get off.they were still towing units off as we drove by on the Tuesday.

Let's hope it's a good summer!

It's not looking too bonny down here. Windy squalls, between downpours.
    We'll just crack on up the motorway and take cover on an aire near the ferry.
    Stroll on!
    To the pure in mind, all things are pure
    Likes - jeffmossy, carol liked this post

Member Number:
    Attended a few rallies on this field over the years...doesn't seem too long ago when I remember it being £3.50/n !

As Paul says above, parts of the field can get very muddy if there's been a lot of rain, but still a great location.

Allen
    Thanks - Pauljenny Thanked this person

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauljenny View Post
    Good grief,Jeff, you're a busy bloke. Thanks.

We're south of Bordeaux, on our way back to Blighty.
    Until we know what the medics want from is, we can't commit.
    Just a word of caution,regarding the rally field.

It's a mud bath,if there's been heavy rain.
    Last time we were at The Dalton, Friends were on there for C&CC rally.
    They told us that they'd had to be towed ON,and weren't confident about how they'd get off.they were still towing units off as we drove by on the Tuesday.

Let's hope it's a good summer!

It's not looking too bonny down here. Windy squalls, between downpours.
    We'll just crack on up the motorway and take cover on an aire near the ferry.
    Stroll on!
    Hi Paul and Jenny
    I was aware of the field getting wet that is why it's taken so long to organise. This year the whole field has been dug up and over 1000 metres of drainage has been laid into the land, that is why the price increase, I have inspected the field myself and confident the drainage has cured the ground issues this site used to have. Take care
    Last edited by jeffmossy; 01-05-2017 at 11:30.
    Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, cool buzzing, high talking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing...........Cant remember
    Likes - carol, Pauljenny, stonedaddy, Torchy liked this post
    Thanks - Pauljenny Thanked this person

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismilo View Post
    would love to come it will be my second meet 1st being Druridge bay the week before
    Please put my name down Chris Milo is it dog friendly? Thanks
    You are on the list, and YES dogs are welcome

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyp19 View Post
    Put us down for this please.
    Done

Member Number:
    If required we can now book the village hall for the Saturday night , it is only 1 minute walk from the site
    Likes - slider liked this post

Member Number:
    Me please Jeff. Looking good.x
    All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day and piece it back together my way.
    Likes - jeffmossy liked this post

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information