Thread: RAF Burtonwood Nostalgia Festival . September 14th - 17th 2018

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Trail Dakota 2013

RAF Burtonwood Nostalgia Festival . September 14th - 17th 2018

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    burtonwood2.jpgdesk top.jpg

RAF Burtonwood Warrington , Nostalgia Festival , Sep 14th - 17th 2018

RAF Burtonwood Warrington , Nostalgia Festival 2018 . I have. just spent the afternoon at this venue and what a awesome experience . September 14th until 17th . The Cost is £10 per unit per night , this all goes to the cost of running of the centre, we will have access to toilet blocks , fresh water

and elsan emptying point . The evening entertainment will be held inside Gullivers world with lots of entertainment , tickets will be £11 p/p and limited supply , when the tickets are released I need to know how many our group require so please let me know how many you want ,( you don't have to attend the evening entertainment if you don't want to ). Saturday and Sunday day time there will be lots going on including

stalls and classic cars and Army trucks , as well as the police and lots more , this is for a small Entrance fee of £3 per unit and it will be valid for the 2 days, also we have got free access into the museum, and this is pure history at its best . We have also got access to the hotel bar for drinks and food . . What a treat we are in for this weekend , if you are interested please post here . There is enough room for about 30 vans

Dogs are also welcome but must be under control and not roam away from your van . Also they must be on a lead when you leave your van and stay on the venue, and not taken into Gullivers world theme park . ALL dog poop must be cleaned up

For those of you who like to dress up for this era you are more than welcome . I am aware a few have already got their outfits and I think this is a great idea

We can now arrive on Thursday 13th , but you MUST let me know so I can book you in

• PLEASE NOTE: THE USE OF GENERATORS IS NOT PERMITTED

The Venue is only 5min off Junction 9 M62

RAF Burtonwood Heritage Centre

https://www.gulliversfun.co.uk/gulli...rld-warrington

Gulliver’s World
    Warrington
    WA5 9YZ

Venue Update :-

We have spent this weekend at the venue to finalise things for next week , so here is the agenda ......

1. I have inspected the field and at present it is good for us to use . If you have a large van do not go more than 3/4 way down to the bottom of the field , if you have a small van you will be ok to go to the bottom . Please leave 5 mtrs between vans and please don't park close to the water and elsan point in the middle of the field .

2 . If the weather turns and it rains constantly between now and Wednesday we do have a back up plan that will involve us using hard standing , but this is only in case of extreme circumstances with the weather , The forecast for the next week is showing fine so this is highly unlikely .

3 . I have booked the Conference room in the hotel for Friday evening at 19.30pm for those of us who want to get out for a natter and a drink , there will be a bar available , or if it is quiet we can just stay in the hotel lounge . We can also use the hotel lounge throughout our stay . The hotel is only 2 min walk from the campsite

4. We have 24 hour toilets available during our stay with hot and cold water , these are in the hotel reception and if you need to use them after midnight there will be a porter to open the door for you . Please keep the toilets clean after use

5 . If you are attending the Saturday night entertainment I will update this section soon

6. Dogs do not have to be on a lead on the campsite but must be with the owner at all times , if you are going to the show or into the museum you must have your dog on a lead and ALL dog mess must be cleaned up . Dogs cannot be taken to the evening entertainment or Gullivers world theme park . There are some awesome dog walks around the area that we can use

7. Directions
    Leave M62, junction 9, you will see the signs for Gullivers World / Burtonwood Heritage Centre , follow these signs at all times , look out for Asda on your R/H side then at the next roundabout turn left and immediately left again , you will then be driving into Gullivers word Park , Follow this road over some speed bumps and you will see RAF Burtonwood on your L/H side , drive past the entrance to the bottom of the road , just before you turn a sharp left at the bottom of the road and before the hotel , look for the Wildcamping flag on the R/H side , turn right there then the camping field is about 100mtr up the road on the L/H side , you will see the water point in the middle of the field . All this is between 5 - 10 min of leaving the M62

9. I will be collecting ALL fees ( Except the £3 show entrance fee ) between 9.30 and 11.00 am on Saturday morning out side my van . Please don't let me chase around looking for you

8 . Finally , I think I have covered every thing but please ask any question if you are unsure . From what I have seen and heard this is going to be a fantastic weekend , I have been told 70 classic cars and lots of stalls as well as numerous other things going on all weekend . Enjoy your weekend if you are attending !

1 Jeffmossy ( 2 x Evening Tickets )
    2 JohnDoris ( 2 x Evening Tickets )
    3 Molly 2/3 ( 2 x Evening Tickets )
    4 Admin ( 1 x Evening Ticket )
    5 Ian1950 ( 2 x Evening Tickets)
    6 The Griffos ( 2 x Evening Tickets )
    7 Debs
    8 Harrym ( 1 x Evening Ticket )
    9 Miduck
    10 Kimbowbill
    11 RichardSpencer ( 2 x Evening Tickets )
    12 Andromeda ( 1 x Evening Ticket )
    13 nabsim ( 2 x Evening Tickets )
    14 Dadad
    15 Yorkslass
    16 Porkie Yorkies ( 2 x Evening Tickets )
    17 Stonedaddy ( 1 x Evening Ticket )
    18 maingate
    19 Fatboy Sam ( 2 x Evening Tickets )
    20 Helen262 ( 2 x Evening Tickets )
    21 Donrevy
    22 pilsleyavondale
    23 topchook
    24 Mikan
    25 Drwho

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jeffmossy; 13-09-2018 at 15:00.
    Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, cool buzzing, high talking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing...........Cant remember
    Likes peter palance, donrevy liked this post
    Thanks peter palance, harrym thanked for this post

Pauljenny is offline Retired Exotic Dancer
    Name: Not George Clooney
    Spouse: Long suffering

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Curses!
    We'll be on our way south by then.
    Thanks for setting it up, Jeff.
    Make a point of visiting the Fiddle I'th Bag Pub, nearby. ( Google)

Allow half a day to see and taste what this quirky pub has on offer.
    It's not where you live... It's HOW you live..
    Thanks jeffmossy thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Trail Dakota 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauljenny View Post
    Curses!
    We'll be on our way south by then.
    Thanks for setting it up, Jeff.
    Make a point of visiting the Fiddle I'th Bag Pub, nearby. ( Google)

Allow half a day to see and taste what this quirky pub has on offer.
    Thanks for putting the venue forward Paul , it has took some setting up but I got there eventually . If it is popular with us then we have first refusal for next year
    Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, cool buzzing, high talking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing...........Cant remember
    Thanks Pauljenny thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Trail Dakota 2013
    You are on the list Maggi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Trail Dakota 2013
    Bump !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Can't make this meet but just a heads up on a pub called Fiddle i'th Bag not far away. The Fiddle I’th Bag Inn, Cheshire, pub review - Telegraph

Guaranteed you will not see another pub like this one!
    At what age do you think itís appropriate to tell 
a road itís adopted?
    Likes channa, jeffmossy, stonedaddy liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Yes please Jeff. Thought i'd already signed up but must be mistaken.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Trail Dakota 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    Yes please Jeff. Thought i'd already signed up but must be mistaken.
    I have put you on the list Sue
    Thanks yorkslass thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Trail Dakota 2013

Porkie Yorkies

Porkie Yorkies , I have remembered to put you on the list

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598
    This should be a great meet, I am really looking forward to it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information