CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Netherlands gathering 11th-16th April 2019

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    The pre viewing on Friday sounds fun ... leaving Monday for Keukenhof to avoid a busy Sunday. Given how unpredictable the weather is anyway, reckon Iíll just go ahead with booking. Unless anyone else had a nugget of something great for Monday!?!?!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Roller Team 695
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunegapyears View Post
    The pre viewing on Friday sounds fun ... leaving Monday for Keukenhof to avoid a busy Sunday. Given how unpredictable the weather is anyway, reckon Iíll just go ahead with booking. Unless anyone else had a nugget of something great for Monday!?!?!
    we'll probably do the same

Sue & Martin
    Likes Clunegapyears liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Weinsberg Komet
    Yes, please,

Fish to start
    Beef Steak main
    Souffle for dessert

I know you don't need to know that yet but just for the record

Full Member is offline Full Member
    Name: Sir Colin
    Spouse: No Thank You

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Palermo
    About 3 km from the campsite is the small town of Noordwijkerhout. The town is surrounded by tulip fields and decorates it's old (and small) church and grounds with the most amazing floral displays. The town has lots of opportunities for refreshment of all types, both solid and fluid.
    I strongly recommend a visit - there may be a small admission charge to the inside of the church.
    I hope I've remembered the name of the town correctly!
    When I reach the campsite I'll do a reconnaissance on the bike and confirm.

Colin

WP_20180421_12_48_28_Pro.jpg WP_20180421_12_42_49_Pro (2).jpg WP_20180421_12_40_34_Pro.jpg
    Last edited by Full Member; 13-03-2019 at 17:57.

Full Member is offline Full Member
    Name: Sir Colin
    Spouse: No Thank You

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Palermo

Preparations For The Drive To The Netherlands

Brexit continues along it's convoluted path with all the uncertainty that involves so I thought I'd post here the items I've obtained lest we exit on 29/3/19 without a 'deal'. These items are in addition to the preparations one would have made for travel in Europe should Brexit not have occurred.

1. GB sticker. I ordered a legal, self adhesive version from Amazon here. It costs £0.97 delivered!

2. Green card. I requested one from Comfort Insurance yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning. It was free of charge.

3. International Driving Permit. I got this from my local Post Office in about 5 minutes plus queuing time. You'll need the version for all European countries except Spain and Cyprus. It costs £5.50 and lasts for 3 years. You'll need to take along your UK driving licence and a single passport-style photo as well as the fee. There are no forms to fill in - counter staff do everything on the spot.

I hope this helps.

Colin
    Likes Minisorella, Clunegapyears liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    I did my 1968 IDP the other day. It should have been a painless 5 minute job but the poor Post Office lady was so unsure what to do with my old paper licence and the vehicle groups it allows that I got really worried she might leave an important category off, so I made the mistake of mentioning 'motorhome'. It took almost an hour, with several calls to their helpdesk, ending up with them telling her she couldn't issue the IDP until they got more advice and clarification! Knowing it was all nonsense, I said OK, I'll take my car to Europe instead, so please issue one on that basis and forget I ever mentioned motorhome. She wasn't at all happy but she did it. I checked with the DVLA the next day and, of course, everything's fine. If anyone else hits a snag, DVLA said that the new Category B is equivalent to the old Group A on the paper licences... covers all vehicles up to 3500kg other than motorbikes, power mowers and steam rollers C1 up to 7500kg is fine too and I've ended up with all the right stamps by default. There's a gov.uk page that compares the old and new groups and DVLA said it couldn't hurt to take a screenshot and take it to Europe in case there are queries... Compare old and new driving licence categories - GOV.UK

Anyhoo, don't mention the word 'motorhome' when you go to the Post Office
    Last edited by Minisorella; 14-03-2019 at 13:59.
    Likes Full Member, Clunegapyears liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 40
    3. International Driving Permit. I got this from my local Post Office in about 5 minutes plus queuing time. You'll need the version for all European countries except Spain and Cyprus. It costs £5.50 and lasts for 3 years. You'll need to take along your UK driving licence and a single passport-style photo as well as the fee. There are no forms to fill in - counter staff do everything on the spot.

I was talking to a Canadian the other day and mentioned the International driving permit and how you needed two because one didn't include Spain,
    his reply 'how can they call it International then ' which I found difficult to understand myself.

I have got a green card from my insurance, they have emailed it to me with the instruction is that I need to print it on green paper and then it will be legal, is it me or has the world gone just a little bit crazy.
    You can't be lost if you don't know where you're going.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫
    I think it might be you Lee... we're all fine
    Likes Full Member liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Roller Team 695
    I so remember this - does anyone else?
    Kenneth Kam - Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard | Facebook

Sue & Martin
    Likes Minisorella liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Weíre all set for the tunnel on 21st except .... vet visit yesterday. 1.5 hrs there as vet spent time identifying correct health cert form and then filling it in. I was the first one surprisingly. Checked something with a colleague ... no, wrong form and apparently DEFRA havenít yet issued the correct form. It may have been released last night. So busy today, but going to have make time to find out. Anyone else come across this?

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information