CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Netherlands gathering 11th-16th April 2019

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Think Alan and Linda are going by Harwich Annie, I've decided to come along with Jennie but we are using the tunnel as it's only about £50 extra and well worth it in my eyes. I'm only coming so we can go to Amsterdam for the Kings day celebrations.
    Likes campervanannie, Minisorella liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Toyota Granvia camper van

Netherlands meet

Yes I will be going via Harwrich. Anyone else?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Down View Post
    Yes I will be going via Harwrich. Anyone else?
    I believe Lorna and Leslie have booked on the Harwich route.
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Not booked yet, but will be using the tunnel, paid for with Tesco tokens. Will probably travel about the 20th of March. No plans yet as to where we will go before but some idea will come to us.
    Likes campervanannie, Minisorella liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift
    Yes we are booked on the Harwich ferry on the Saturday morning of the 13th. We will get to the ferry very late the night before and stay in the ferry car park. Booked ferry ticket with the Camping and caravan club.

Had a day cabin going over and a night cabin coming back. Nice ferry with cinema and restaurant.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Eriba Car emotion
    We haven't booked yet Annie, but will most likely travel Dover / Dunkirk and drive up through Belguim,under the tunnel into Holland.

I guess we will cross a couple of days before the campsite bookings and we will be staying on in Holland or thereabouts afterwards. No definite plans really although I suppose I should be looking for a crossing soon to get a good price. We only book single crossings to give flexibility on return ( book the day/ night) before online. In the past 2 singles have also worked out much cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Helen

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote
    We will be in Europe already but debating on our return between calais or Holland. It's about the same in total mileage for us.... need to work out costs now...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S with bidet
    We have just taken Max for his regular Rabies jab, and the Vet has told us that in the likely scenario of a 'No Deal’ Brexit, he will require a blood test one month after the injection and he will not be deemed fit to travel for a further three months after that.
    As we have no-one to leave Max with, our only option is to cancel this trip, as he will not be 'legally’fit to travel abroad until the middle of May.
    Really sad about this, we were looking forward to visiting Kerkanhoff etc.
    FYI We have contacted le Chunnel,asking about a refund, and they would not even entertain the idea.
    The only thing they were prepared to do was offer us an alternative date of travel, in the 12 months following our booking date.
    We hope you all have a great time and a lot of fun!
    Safe trip.
    Rog and Chris x

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Roller Team 695
    Quote Originally Posted by RoaminRog View Post
    We have just taken Max for his regular Rabies jab, and the Vet has told us that in the likely scenario of a 'No Deal’ Brexit, he will require a blood test one month after the injection and he will not be deemed fit to travel for a further three months after that.
    As we have no-one to leave Max with, our only option is to cancel this trip, as he will not be 'legally’fit to travel abroad until the middle of May.
    Really sad about this, we were looking forward to visiting Kerkanhoff etc.
    FYI We have contacted le Chunnel,asking about a refund, and they would not even entertain the idea.
    The only thing they were prepared to do was offer us an alternative date of travel, in the 12 months following our booking date.
    We hope you all have a great time and a lot of fun!
    Safe trip.
    Rog and Chris x
    That's a shame, but why don't you wait and see what happens before definitely cancelling as it won't affect your tunnel booking? Do you really think they powers that be will get their act together that quickly after the end of March?

Sue & Martin

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Miami 740S with bidet
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
    That's a shame, but why don't you wait and see what happens before definitely cancelling as it won't affect your tunnel booking? Do you really think they powers that be will get their act together that quickly after the end of March?
    We thought that maybe someone would welcome the chance to go in our place, plus I mistakenly thought that by çancelling three months early we stood a better chance of getting our fare back.
    When Brexit actually happens, we would have had only eight days before we were due to travel, hardly long enough for this Government to get their act into gear, never mind actually deciding something.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information