CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Comfort want a tracker fitted, any other reasonable priced companies.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Herald coach build

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    I tried to get a quote from NFU a few years ago. They said they could not cover me because I lived in a Town.

I got the feeling I was being told a pack of lies so did not push it with them. Anyone else had this?
    It wor cos thas a makam !!
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Arthur View Post
    It wor cos thas a makam !!
    You shouldn't be out of your coffin during daylight hours Arthur, it can damage your health.
    Some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    A tracker jammer can be bought from Ebay for buttons.
    Yes, that is true. However a tracker jammer that will actually work costs more than £100 on eBay, and even then isn't guaranteed to work.

I have one of the cheap jammers which was affordable, but not "buttons".

It does jam GPS effectively, but does not jam any of the four trackers I tested it with: it just makes their location info less accurate.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598PL
    I know it is a ‘piece of string’ question, but is there any information on the range that these jammers (good or bad) cover? If a tracker is at the rear of a 7m van on the chassis, will the jammer inside the cab cover that distance effectively?

A hard wired tracker will pump out a signal for weeks or months, presumably if the jammer stops emitting a signal when the ignition is off because it is plugged into the cigar lighter, the tracker will update its location.

Curious as being a fairly law abiding citizen it is an area I have virtually no knowledge of.

Davy

JohnClimber is offline Full Member
    Name: John
    Spouse: Mrs Climber & dog: Archie

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Camper Van Beethoven
    Don't advertise that you have a tracker with stickers on the windows etc.
    If you want one I would recommend TeletrackNavman GPS Fleet Management Solution - Teletrac Navman

Our Crane Hire firm uses them for our fleet of vehicles and they did "a friend's" campervan one for a really low monthly price and free installation.
    Wild Camp A Month 2018.... Challenge yourself
    Take a look in Gatherings section for more info

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamRienza View Post
    I know it is a ‘piece of string’ question, but is there any information on the range that these jammers (good or bad) cover? If a tracker is at the rear of a 7m van on the chassis, will the jammer inside the cab cover that distance effectively?

A hard wired tracker will pump out a signal for weeks or months, presumably if the jammer stops emitting a signal when the ignition is off because it is plugged into the cigar lighter, the tracker will update its location.

Curious as being a fairly law abiding citizen it is an area I have virtually no knowledge of.

Davy
    The jammer I have will jam the GPS signal all over a 7m motorhome, but it won't stop the tracker using GSM cell positioning to work (almost) as well as it does with GPS.

It, like most, plugs into a cigar lighter socket so it depends on whether the socket stays live with the ignition off. Most don't.

Not tried one of the £100+ Jammers that claim to also jam GSM.
    Thanks TeamRienza thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    To get the best from a tracker, you do need a tracking server as well. Here's an example of mine:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information