CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Vicarious Books.

Member Number

Vicarious Books.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I ordered by phone on Tuesday 31st Aug and received today Thurs.2nd Sept. a copy of Camperstop Europe 2010 ,great service from Vicarious. The book is great and I have been trolling through it and finding some sites with the Tom Tom, it is all coming together very well. I don't know why I never got this book sooner , I have lots of Aires books but this one will be a great asset I'm sure.Postage was included in the price of the book 2nd class, or I could have paid 50 pence extra and had it sent first class.2nd class worked very well, well done Royal Mail.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Just been looking at my first edition (2007) Camperstop and for example in the Spanish section, I cannot see any GPS locations, just street names.
    Has the later edition got GPS for Spain & Greece for example.
    The older one had it for France, Germany, some of Italy and a few more, but sketchy?
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!

Member Number
    Hi Grath. Yes the 2010 edition has GPS co ordinates for most of the sites, lots of pictures and maps, it seems to be a great book.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by vindiboy View Post
    Hi Grath. Yes the 2010 edition has GPS co ordinates for most of the sites, lots of pictures and maps, it seems to be a great book.
    Thanks,= Vindiboy,
    We will be updating ours after we get the sat nav
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!

Member Number
    Depending on your intended use, we found Bordatlas much better than Camperstop. Also for France and othe regions the vicarious guides "all the aires" tend to be good.
    Our websute has POI databases for TomTom, including Bordatlas and many many others (15,000+) which may be of use. GPS POIs Hosted by us

But IMO, if you are planning a long Euro trip, get bordatlas.... Especially Germany.

Our Camperstop now barely gets looked at...
    Full details of our 1000+ nights away in the van in Europe, Morocco as well as backpacking in Asia, with hints/tips/costs and GPS POIs see our blog at Do Your Dream!

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by activecampers View Post
    Depending on your intended use, we found Bordatlas much better than Camperstop. Also for France and othe regions the vicarious guides "all the aires" tend to be good.
    Our websute has POI databases for TomTom, including Bordatlas and many many others (15,000+) which may be of use. GPS POIs Hosted by us

But IMO, if you are planning a long Euro trip, get bordatlas.... Especially Germany.

Our Camperstop now barely gets looked at...
    Hi I actually already have a copy of BORD ATLAS and another called ADAC SPELLPLATZ FUHRER 2006. I never thought to look in these much but I will start to use them more I think , so many books, so little time,I did use the Bord Atlas a lot when last in Germany and found it very useful, thanks for your help.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by vindiboy View Post
    Hi I actually already have a copy of BORD ATLAS and another called ADAC SPELLPLATZ FUHRER 2006. I never thought to look in these much but I will start to use them more I think , so many books, so little time,I did use the Bord Atlas a lot when last in Germany and found it very useful, thanks for your help.
    Don't forget to get their GPS downloads which makes browsing a map on your computer/satnav easier as teh POI information tells you what page its on Thats useful! (Obviously you need the POI and book to match years!)
    Full details of our 1000+ nights away in the van in Europe, Morocco as well as backpacking in Asia, with hints/tips/costs and GPS POIs see our blog at Do Your Dream!

Thread Information