CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: whitby gazette motorhome parking

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    why is nobody happy to live and let live, provided your not been a nuisance in any way, as i said earlier i think a lot is sour grapes. some people need to get a life.
    My wife also thinks that the world would be a better place if we were all nice to each other. The irony is that she made a (very good) living out of people being nasty to each other! But, seriously, I agree with you - although it would require major surgery to that thing called human nature.
    Likes yorkslass liked this post

RobKeeble Guest
    In the past after various newsworthy unpleasantries, I've often thought if only people behaved like me the world would be a happier place. But then if there were lots of me around, I dare say they wouldn't all get along anyway - remember Rimmerworld on Red Dwarf?
    Likes N/A liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    relay
    Scarborough Borough Council have a lot to answer for in Whitby, it soon won't be worth visiting ( so motorhome parking won't be an issue).

Whitby Town Is Falling Down - Real Whitby | Whitby News | Real Whitby | Whitby News

After letting the East Pier fall into disrepair, they've now announced the closure of the West Pier due to it's poor condition. Funny how they found out about it's state "just" after the main holiday season.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by groyne View Post
    Scarborough Borough Council have a lot to answer for in Whitby, it soon won't be worth visiting ( so motorhome parking won't be an issue).

Whitby Town Is Falling Down - Real Whitby | Whitby News | Real Whitby | Whitby News

After letting the East Pier fall into disrepair, they've now announced the closure of the West Pier due to it's poor condition. Funny how they found out about it's state "just" after the main holiday season.
    Thank you for sharing this information, all the more reason for SBC to encourage MH, its a disgrace that they've let this happen, the locals must be up in arms, but sadly this is happening everywhere, makes youwonder where all the money we contribute is going, well got a good idea hey ho

Jen xx

Squibby Guest
    I think it is all a conspiracy between the local campsites and the local councils, its happening all over the place, the local council erects these illeage sings with no law to back them up, just to scare people into camping at the local campsites.

The council wins twice as they have less rubish to clear from these areas and benifit from the taxes the local campsites has to pay the council and the campsites get more business, a win win situation for all involved apart from us.

We get illeagaly moved from parking areas we leagaly are entitled to stop at over night.

I say we should boycot the areas that missuse there powers, then see how they like it, when they can't make a proffit at the end of the fiscal year.

Squibby.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self Build Movano Panel Van. 2500 CDti D
    How are they going to prove someone is sleeping in the vehicle? That evidence is impossible to collect. Just have the curtains closed and don't answer the door. You could be up reading, or on your laptop, or not even in the vehicle, they can't prove anything.

So long as you have paid your 6 24 hour ticket, I'm going to stick my neck out and say the no overnight sleeping part is impossible to prove and therefore unenforceable on those grounds alone, regardless of any other legal niceties
    Likes kimbowbill, N/A liked this post

wolfie69 Guest
    Hi All

Good Thread enjoying so far.

two points

1) The Canterbury Park & Rides doesn't allow overnight parking, which makes it a bit questionable to it's worth:

http://www.canterbury.gov.uk/authori...let%202010.pdf

2) The Counci / Land Owner has to have a Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) in place to issue a fixed penalty - It's a complicated legal area - but you can ring the Highways dept lof any Council and ask them if there is a TRO in place for a particular space / Area and what it is.

Most supermarkets will have signs up saying max 3hrs parking and may even try to fine some some people but without the TRO there is no legal basis.

Also the argument about a view - I have been told several times, you cannot buy the right to a view, you have to buy the land.

kenjones Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    How are they going to prove someone is sleeping in the vehicle? That evidence is impossible to collect. Just have the curtains closed and don't answer the door. You could be up reading, or on your laptop, or not even in the vehicle, they can't prove anything.

So long as you have paid your 6 24 hour ticket, I'm going to stick my neck out and say the no overnight sleeping part is impossible to prove and therefore unenforceable on those grounds alone, regardless of any other legal niceties
    If someone knocks and you answer the door how can you be asleep?

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjones View Post
    you dont answer the door, doh
    Likes N/A liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self Build Movano Panel Van. 2500 CDti D
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjones View Post
    If you do answer it, obviously you aren't asleep, but they may collect evidence eg You are in your night clothes or the beds are made up in the van. They could also take a photograph. This is not beyond the bounds of possibility as they take photos of cars illegally parked to use as evidence, should it come to a dispute in court.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information