CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Camping in a Parking lot

al n sal Guest

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I'm probably going to get shouted at for linking this here and yes it is, minor sort of, obviously not destroying the area and obviously not dumping rubbish...but, this is being seen, by a lot......pics shown, kind a name and shame really. is this right? or not? will this kind a thing speed up us being banned from good places?

I probably could find worse to post, but kinda puts the idea out...yes No? from what I've read on here and other forums then yes, or should I buy a tent.

Why Do Councils Ban Motorhome Parking?

better hide now then...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    ok let's say we go the name and shame route.who decides what photos go on it?who decides where the line is drawn between hanging a damp towel over the mirror and hanging out your washing?a comittee,or do we vote in a council to make these decisions for us.if i've been working or driving all day,do i have to worry about sitting outside my van soaking up a few rays in case someones lurking in the bushes with a camera? has anybody asked any of the locals their opinion? i have.

al n sal Guest
    I'm not actually after an official name and shame, forum or official page, but after hearing many, many people moaning and groaning and often rightly about how a few selfish people who, act in an anti social way, (now I'm not talking about, taking in a few rays here ,I mean setting up camp on the pavement outside someones house. i've seen it the householders where well impressed, dumping black waste, rubbish etc etc, then why shouldn't we if we have the evidence show it. the above is just trying to prove a point.

believe it or not I'm a believer in live and let live, but not if it impacts on me. the same as everyone who posts there thoughts and personal opinions on here i guess

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    i'll reiterate my point;where do you draw the line? you're giving examples that are all obviously terrible[did you see teresa mays speech the other day?] but can you remember the fool on that other site that thought people with tatty vans should be discriminated againsfor lowering the tone? i don't like this thread,next thing i'll be arrested for not having decals on my van.once these balls get rolling a lot of harmless people can be affected,i'd normally dismiss this kind of talk as twaddle but it's more serious than that

Member Number
    Motorhome
    mitsubishi canter mini artic
    i think we should name and shame folk that use campsites . or pay for parking etc .
    Likes N/A, mrbigglesworth liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by al n sal View Post
    I'm not actually after an official name and shame, forum or official page, but after hearing many, many people moaning
    If you think naming and shaming would have a positive effect on these shameless herberts then you could/should make a unilateral decision to do so. My point is that you must be sure of your facts and possibly consider recourse to a lawyer just in case you're wrong.
    I've certainly jumped to the wrong conclusion at times, just glad it wasn't easy to post a name and shame on the web.
    Last edited by Byronic; 15-10-2011 at 23:44.

al n sal Guest
    whether or not you like this thread or not, I'm afraid these thoughts are about, and I'm sure i'm not the only one. I'm not going to debate whether a van is tatty or not, beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

a group of teenagers decided to run through one of our estates.. hedge hopping, not serious acts, could of been a lot worse, but they didn't jump high enough and destroyed a couple of hedges and fences on more than one occasion, the owners then had to replace, more than once. in a community debate on action, a few, said your being stuffy stop picking on the young, its not their fault they have nothing else to do.......one argument was shouldn't we just have them arrested and fined, etc etc.(criminal record and everything else that follows or, name and shame, may work on some others may not), last argument, catch em and give em a damn good kicking, the latter definitely not a good one. no answer reached apart from police.

I personally don't know where any line should be drawn, i suppose if i had a picture to post then as I am 'Soley' responsible for my actions (ring any bells) then i would have to decide whether or not to do it, I suppose.

as far as twaddle, yes your probably right. there will never be a dedicated place to 'Name and Shame' because of obvious laws. how ever going back to David's question, don't know if i should have posted this or not? I replied in post 6 yes, and I still think it right as it showed what a few are doing to reduce our available places to wild.

when i wild, I can honestly say that i don't stay anywhere more than a night, I don''t dump rubbish, or anything else, infact when were out we go to (almost silly lengths) not to be noticed. but thats us.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 530L
    I'm a little ashamed. but only a little, of myself at reacting so quickly to the published picture. Not that I temper my disapproval in any way - just that I'm uncomfortable with the naming and shaming; in short ridiculing other people who disagree with my opinions - even though I hold those opinions strongly. It is one thing to disagree and make my disapproval known especially to those I disagree with; it is another to hold others up to the public in a bullying way. I try to live always with the knowledge that I may be wrong; that there may be good reasons, emergencies, breakdowns, changes in public perception of what is permissible, who knows what, for people to act in ways I dislike. I know that, often enough, I'm out of step with many who become irritable with my opinions which seem very reasonable to me and I quickly lose patience with those who will not accept my opinions as being equally valid as theirs.

I know what the question is but I don't know the answer. We can't make people use sites like this and I don't know any other way to educate them.

Basil Guest

Seen worse

I have seen a lot worse on some French aires, even a few times have seen French leave out tables & chairs and take the van off aire. Also leaving camping equipment out while emptying waste and refilling water. The latter two I accept is ok.
    Myself I do put out table and chairs if on a large aire AS DO THE FRENCH but there is a time and a place.
    When in France do as the French and when in Spain do as the Spanish. The Spanish also put out table and chairs, it just depends on where you are.
    All this Mr perfect is a load of crap! non of us are perfect are we?
    name and shame? No way!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B698
    It seems I might be in a minority here and I must say that I am surprised at the attitude of some posters. Like Tom, I would never want to name and shame over a matter of differences of opinion but this is not what I am talking about. The rules in Spain are clear; the trailer tent was clearly breaking those rules and in so doing was potentially making life difficult for those of us who obey the rules. Let me put it another way - if you saw somebody throwing a brick through a window, would you just turn away and not report it? To me the picture is as clear as it could be - those who break the rules deserve to be reported and take whatever punishment is associated with the offence. To let it pass means that there are inevitable calls from the locals to ban everything and we end up with the motorhoming equivalent of the Dangerous Dogs Act. I am a great believer in letting people do what they want as long as they are not harming others. This idiot's actions were causing potential harm to others (including me, since I regularly use that particular wilding spot!). And it is particularly sensitive when you are in someone else's country. Can you imagine the reaction if the culprit had been Romanian and the car park in Cheltenham?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information