CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Very good article on wildcamping

wynthesurfer Guest

Very good article on wildcamping

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Some of you might of already read this article but for those that haven`t it gives great advice for the rule breakers !

A Beginners Guide to Wild Camping in your Motorhome | Talk Motorhomes

Have fun

Wyn

robjmckinney Guest

In the real world

We are now near or is the most populas nation on earth, we are completing with travellers, homeless Eastern Europeans etc etc. Together with local communities of the not so nice nature and reckless camper that is doing 'it' on the cheap who could not careless!
    The real world is not nice where the nearest house phones the local official thugs to move you on because you might be the worst kind of a long list up to no good. For the one person who might care there many who don't and if you find a spot out of season and not full of others you are boody lucky!
    The real world for the most part you are tarred with the same brush as the many and those small quiet little places in decline, the Laws in development to deal with the many will destroy this fantasy world this article describes!
    While years ago there was just a few the many are killing the 'golden goose' and no matter what 'nice' code you pour out, the many will undermine in the real world!
    The ingress from the uncivilised world is destroying our fantasy world and there is nothing you can do, if you are really unlucky you will end up mugged, abused etc, including from the state!

Member Number
    Hello
    I like the bit about digging a hole 18 to 24 inches deep to bury your poo.
    I think if someone saw you digging a hole 2 feet deep in a remote spot they would think you were burying the wife.

Blue Skies
    Likes N/A liked this post

westbay Guest
    A very good article. I particularly liked the point of distinction between wilderness camping and wild parking. I can never reconcile people on here talking about ‘wild camping’ in a pub car park.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Nuevo
    Great article. The only thing I would add is that if we want to better the reputation of motorhomers then collecting up litter and taking it away wherever you wildcamp is another way. So we don’t ‘leave nothing but footprints’ we go a step further and give something back for our free night. (I know many motorhomers do this already)

If you support this concept sign up here LitterAction

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self Build Movano Panel Van. 2500 CDti Diesel.
    Most advice is good, some is misleading

eg
    The key to successful wild camping is to keep as low a profile as possible. If the Police swing by and see your “camp” is complete with deck-chairs, washing line, awning and a large black sack off rubbish, they are probably going to bang on your door and ask you to move on.
    Advice about compact camping good, but the Police can't move you on, and won't or shouldn't get involved unless you are causing obstruction to a public highway.

landyrubbertramp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Most advice is good, some is misleading

eg

Advice about compact camping good, but the Police can't move you on, and won't or shouldn't get involved unless you are causing obstruction to a public highway.
    very well put ff

Member Number
    Motorhome
    white ldv convoy

o yeh

Quote Originally Posted by oldpolicehouse View Post
    Hello
    I like the bit about digging a hole 18 to 24 inches deep to bury your poo.
    I think if someone saw you digging a hole 2 feet deep in a remote spot they would think you were burying the wife.

Blue Skies
    Other half speaking now.we like to kep warm so maybe 3ft would be advisable

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    'leave nothing but footprints' is a bit misleading as we all drive to these places,surely 'leave nothing but skidmarks' is a bit more pertinent

Thread Information