CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Wildcamping How To Guide 2012

Member Number:
    Dover 2 miles from Docks and 6 from the tunnel

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by POI Admin View Post
    Why?
    Because it goes for miles and miles and there is no turning back until you get to the ' parking area for minis,' and then have to come right back again to a road you can drive without fear of meeting a pushbike on. Took seven shunts to turn around and get back through the gate, I ve just looked on thePOIs and now see that about a hundred yards further on there is a parking spot with enough room to get a van around. pity I didn't know that then I used the actual parking area and knew not what lay a bit further.
    Last edited by GWAYGWAY; 14-11-2016 at 18:48.

Member Number:
    There's a reason why that car park isn't in the POIs ... there's a layby nearby on the lane.

I have driven that lane in my 'van and didn't find it a problem.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number:
    Dover 2 miles from Docks and 6 from the tunnel
    Quote Originally Posted by POI Admin View Post
    There's a reason why that car park isn't in the POIs ... there's a layby nearby on the lane.

I have driven that lane in my 'van and didn't find it a problem.
    I know now ,and that is probably the reason WHY it isn't on the list, at the time I did not have any POIs on the tom tom If only!!!!!!!!! but I was frightened to go further just in case it stopped dead end . I then have to back several miles without a camera.
    Likes - POI Admin liked this post

Member Number:
    I always look at vehicle turning options when adding a POI. Whilst I cannot guarantee every POI, those that are known to have access difficulties are highlighted by enclosing the POI name in square brackets ...
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk
    Thanks - GWAYGWAY Thanked this person

Member Number:
    Dont use a generator if anyone else, including the natives have even the slightest chance of hearing it!7y

Member Number:
    When planning your stop overs on the POI map, make note of any close by incase you need to change POI.

Member Number:
    I carry a fishing priest just in case I need to bop a fish on the bonce that has the nerve to try and take my tackle Nothing offensive about a priest after all (well actually I read a story once Lol)
    Take Nothing But Pictures Leave Nothing But Tyre Tracks

Member Number:
    Don't park blocking a view a local has paid lot of money for, it will only pi55 them off.
    Likes - trevskoda liked this post

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Biggles View Post
    When parking in an exposed position for instance, right next to the lighthouse at Ardnamurchan Point in Knoydart, West Scotland facing out onto an idyllic sunset over the North Atlantic beware, check the Met.Office web site on your laptop/iPad/Smartphone for any 'Gale Warnings' in the vicinity, before you go to bed. Having to reverse onto a narrow track at 04:15 am on a dark wind-swept night when the rain is coming down in stair-rods and not remembering what was behind when you parked, is no laughing matter believe me, be warned!
    I think we were parked next to you that night!!!
    Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilisation.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread Information