CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Autogas/LPG Sources for members

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by POI Admin View Post
    This is excellent and accurate - highly recommended.

Their website is the data source, so if you don't have an Android phone I would look there for info ...

FillLPG.co.uk - Your LPG Filling station map
    This site might be more up to date but is still not accurate. I just checked the BP Eastgate garage in Grangemouth (just off M9) and it is showing as a source. When we called in yesterday, I was told that they no longer supplied LPG. This is why I have started this thread.
    Last edited by maingate; 30-05-2015 at 16:35.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Do any members know is it would be possible to fill the motorhome from the gas supply at home?

I assume that the gas n the main is still liquid but my be at the wrong pressure but it would be easy to do if the pressures were correct
    Surprised no one has thought of that. You could make Millions of with an idea like that.

Know it's been done before have a look Here

You may need to alter you gas locker slightly ....

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    The thing is though any list just like the websites will be out of date pretty quickly unless people update it and it needs to be in a searchable database that can be easily updated by the members. Contact numbers I think are a good idea as well. If I am stuck for LPG like we were in Flamborough recently I called the garage 8 miles up the road and checked they had some before wasting my time traveling.

Its a good idea but a list in a thread is no good. It needs compiling into something searchable and amendable. If thats possible on here then it would be useful, probably in conjunction with the site mentioned earlier. Even a spreadsheet that could be downloaded and searchable offline would be a good asset.

Member Number

LPG POI's for all Europe

I've downloaded all of Europe LPG stations into my TomTom. It works for me.

LPG Stations in Europe - myLPG.eu
    "Man can not exist apart from nature, for he, himself is a part of it"
    (Rachel Carson Silent Spring 1962)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    The thing is though any list just like the websites will be out of date pretty quickly unless people update it and it needs to be in a searchable database that can be easily updated by the members. Contact numbers I think are a good idea as well. If I am stuck for LPG like we were in Flamborough recently I called the garage 8 miles up the road and checked they had some before wasting my time traveling.

Its a good idea but a list in a thread is no good. It needs compiling into something searchable and amendable. If thats possible on here then it would be useful, probably in conjunction with the site mentioned earlier. Even a spreadsheet that could be downloaded and searchable offline would be a good asset.
    When I was in the Stirling area Barry, I searched online on the LPG websites. Even then, 2 of the phone numbers listed were incorrect. One did not exist and the other was a residential number.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer S700 (1992)
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    When I was in the Stirling area Barry, I searched online on the LPG websites. Even then, 2 of the phone numbers listed were incorrect. One did not exist and the other was a residential number.
    I also had problems with the listed phone numbers. A one listed for Darlington no longer existed incorporated into Calor Bishop Auckland and only bottles sold. The number still rang but the premises were 20 miles apart. Phoned a Garage in Newton Aycliffe The person I spoke to say they did sell Autogas. Arrived at the premises only to find the whole forecourt had been removed about 8 year before. (Temporary staff on Christmas switchboard.)

The best way is for members to let other know of closures and other issues such as I listed ie 5% VAT available.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 564

Lpg in renfrewshire scotland

ASDA in Linwood has LPG.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Company I use for my bottle gas do auto gas, not a garage, so you have to check out their business hours.

5 minutes from the notorious Sheriffhall Round-About. Also a bit of a bumpy farm track, but their prices are fair.

Autogas / LPG - Products and services | Install Oil

Garage at Fisherow harbour, Musselburgh sell auto gas, too.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Quote Originally Posted by John Thompson View Post
    I also had problems with the listed phone numbers. A one listed for Darlington no longer existed incorporated into Calor Bishop Auckland and only bottles sold. The number still rang but the premises were 20 miles apart. Phoned a Garage in Newton Aycliffe The person I spoke to say they did sell Autogas. Arrived at the premises only to find the whole forecourt had been removed about 8 year before. (Temporary staff on Christmas switchboard.)

The best way is for members to let other know of closures and other issues such as I listed ie 5% VAT available.
    Yes its a good idea but as I mentioned it needs to be in some kind of searchable database not just a thread otherwise its pointless people just posting about changes etc.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    Yes its a good idea but as I mentioned it needs to be in some kind of searchable database not just a thread otherwise its pointless people just posting about changes etc.
    We need someone with a bit of IT knowledge Barry.

Do you know anybody like that?

I am not sure if I have a spreadsheet on my netbook (never needed one now that I am retired) but I can check. Someone may have a better idea.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information