CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another POI bites the dust.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Autosleeper Topaz LE.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I have stayed on this site for many odd nights over the last 10 years. Usualy using local shops and restaurants. Is Redcar such a thriving economy that they can aford to turn away customers?
    I will miss it but that's life.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Exsis I562 stolen replaced with a Hobby Siesta
    Limp Dims as ever!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renalt Trafic Rapport Romance
    Quote Originally Posted by groyne View Post
    Well 2 actually, both car parks on the Stray between Redcar and Marske now have no overnight parking signs, all thanks to our campaigning Lib Dem Councillor Josh Mason.

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/...1&d=1480111878

... he should be welcoming motor homers, not vilifying them.josh.mason@redcar-cleveland.gov.uk.
    So we got there yesterday afternoon - yep, there are fairly hostile signs dotted along the edge of the car park.
    We noticed another van parked up on the patch of grass that runs along side the road between the car park and the road. Not wanting to upset anyone, we thought 'safety in numbers' and clanked up along side instead of staying in the carpark. Whilst I was getting the kids ready for bed a car slowed down and shouted a load of abuse about 'not aloud to park on the grass (oh really? where does it say that?).. and "f** off". He didn't sound like an official. We stayed there and through the night had a couple of horn beeps. Beautiful spot though. Met a couple of local residents who explained they had recently had trouble with a set of Travellers who trashed a patch of ground nearby and left loads of litter. It's a shame the locals can't see past that. Anyway - had a fantastic day on the beach there. Probably will go back!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    relay
    they had recently had trouble with a set of Travellers who trashed a patch of ground nearby and left loads of litter.
    They formed a circle and had a nice fire going, didn't see Josh or any other council official try to move them on. It might have been him telling you to F. off, as he didn't manage to become an MP, and he won't be a Councillor after the next elections.

IanH Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cv View Post
    Not in a LimpDum DNA I'm afraid 2cv!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Last time I stopped there, there were several motorhomes, each taking up three spaces by parking across two and with chairs and stuff in a third. One also had a car parked in a fourth space.
    Taking the piss, big time. And they looked settled down for a long stay (though I don't know how long: I only stopped one night)
    I would expect to see people objecting to that sort of behaviour.T
    Last edited by hairydog; 20-06-2017 at 09:51.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    T4
    Quote Originally Posted by pughed2 View Post
    .an alternative if like me you carry spray touch up for your van, would be to repair the sign........steve bristol
    ah - so you advocate criminal damage? That'll bring support for MHers...

didds

Member Number
    Motorhome
    relay
    Latest signage from Redcar Council.

Don't know if the Rugby club charges.
    Don't Spend your money where you're not welcome.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Motorhome on a Renault Master
    Its not a blanket "No you can't camp here." At least they are suggesting an alternative. The Rugby Club is used a lot by the C&CC DAs and sections. I've never camped there and can't comment on whiter they charge when there is no rally on. If there is a rally on you will be expected to pay the rally rate. This could be a problem if you are not a member of whatever club is running the rally.

Pauljenny is offline INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOY
    Name: erm?
    Spouse: Management, ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    Quote Originally Posted by groyne View Post
    well 2 actually, both car parks on the stray between redcar and marske now have no overnight parking signs, all thanks to our campaigning lib dem councillor josh mason.

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/...1&d=1480111878

i've already emailed him expressing my disgust and explained why he should be welcoming motor homers, not vilifying them. If you feel the same, here's his email address: josh.mason@redcar-cleveland.gov.uk.
    done!
    To the pure in mind, all things are pure

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information