CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another POI bites the dust.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    relay

Another POI bites the dust.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Well 2 actually, both car parks on the Stray between Redcar and Marske now have no overnight parking signs, all thanks to our campaigning Lib Dem Councillor Josh Mason.

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/...1&d=1480111878

I've already emailed him expressing my disgust and explained why he should be welcoming motor homers, not vilifying them. If you feel the same, here's his email address: josh.mason@redcar-cleveland.gov.uk.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Damn and blast i was planning on going there and spending at least a week on that car park
    You Look Nice Are You The Doctor

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Vantage Neo
    Hardly surprising really since they both often look like motorhome storage yards.
    The other point, talking to locals, is the queue of folk waiting to dump their cassettes in the public loo. Subtle, eh?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 530L
    Quote Originally Posted by groyne View Post
    Well 2 actually, both car parks on the Stray between Redcar and Marske now have no overnight parking signs, all thanks to our campaigning Lib Dem Councillor Josh Mason.

I've already emailed him expressing my disgust and explained why he should be welcoming motor homers, not vilifying them. If you feel the same, here's his email address: josh.mason@redcar-cleveland.gov.uk.
    The link doesn't work for me. It is reasonable to ask the council why the restriction has been introduced and to give you their authority (off street parking order probably) for doing so. My guess is that the council will give you a reference for the off street parking order and will tell you why it was done. The probable reason given will be that it was done by public demand citing complaints by residents (and maybe fed up with Wooie staying there for weeks on end). phase3begins says that the parks are well used by motorhomes so we can easily anticipate their reply.

You will then have the opportunity to ask for a list of complaints (plus prosecutions and convictions) over, say, the past three years, and the council will give it you if you ask under the Freedom of Information Act. My guess is that there will be no public demand and there will have been few, if any, complaints and definititely no prosecutions or convictions.

(I always knew it - Wooie spoils things for the rest of us !!!! Hang your head in shame!)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    PEUGEOT EXPERT STEALTH /'95 RENAULT MASTER AMBULANCE
    Quote Originally Posted by groyne View Post

Wonder why these so called intelligent people seem incapable of seeing the bigger picture? surely they realise that encouraging anyone at all into the area can only boost revenue. Maybe they need to get some personal gain or they will exercise their power to spoil thing for everyone else. Very short sighted attitude and I wonder what the people think who voted this man into office?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    relay
    Quote Originally Posted by phase3begins View Post
    The other point, talking to locals, is the queue of folk waiting to dump their cassettes in the public loo. Subtle, eh?
    Funny, I go past the car parks most days and have never seen a queue, plus the loo's are hardly if ever open now.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 530L
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggBear View Post
    Wonder why these so called intelligent people seem incapable of seeing the bigger picture? surely they realise that encouraging anyone at all into the area can only boost revenue. Maybe they need to get some personal gain or they will exercise their power to spoil thing for everyone else. Very short sighted attitude and I wonder what the people think who voted this man into office?
    Funnily enough - very often these people have a financial interest and do seem to be motivated by personal gain when promoting restrictions on motorhomes. In Josh's position he is expected to declare his business interests. Funnily enough - Josh hasn't.

http://www.redcar-cleveland.gov.uk/rcbcweb.nsf/3002C7B9CE7CDE2380257FC4002E80E3/$FILE/MASON%20J%20DPI.pdf

if that link doesn't work (copy and paste it maybe) then just google this: josh mason redcar and cleveland register of interests
    Last edited by maureenandtom; 26-11-2016 at 09:38.

pughed2 Guest

what signs?

Well cannot you just ignore the signs like I do down south?. I been overnighting in the shadow of a similar such new sign in one of my ship viewing spots round the solent and waiting for someone to come along and point out the sign. Then I would get out of the van, look round everywhere, but cannot see the sign.......I can see the trees, the undergrowth, muddy surface and the ships, but cannot for the life of me see the sign........an alternative if like me you carry spray touch up for your van, would be to repair the sign........steve bristol

Member Number
    Motorhome
    97 sprinter ex police riot van.
    It seems to me that this fine upstanding crematorium disrespecting mp, has done this to gain points for doing something about a minor irritation that benefits few & annoys even fewer of the towns residents.

But it only takes one motorhomer to draw attention to, or create a nuisance, to give an mp a cause that they can use, to make their presence known & to draw attention to themselves.
    Afterall, you don't remember the quite ones who work away behind the scenes & who usually do all the hard work!

& the people fall for it every time!

Phill

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information