CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mablethorpe ( Lincs ) Now MH Friendly

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I am normally very careful where we park and always read the signs so if it had said no overnight sleeping I would have seen it. Should have taken a picture ..

Had a look at google earth and they have certainly altered everything. The car park has a row of bollards down it now which split the MH / Bus / Disabled part from the rest. Entrance is through where there used to be a No Entry sign.

Map coordinates are .. 53.3397603 , 0.2604875

Member Number
    Sounds like they have made changes then, there never used to be any bollards that I can remember, hopefully they will do this in a few more areas

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by QFour View Post
    I am normally very careful where we park and always read the signs so if it had said no overnight sleeping I would have seen it. Should have taken a picture ..

Had a look at google earth and they have certainly altered everything. The car park has a row of bollards down it now which split the MH / Bus / Disabled part from the rest. Entrance is through where there used to be a No Entry sign.

Map coordinates are .. 53.3397603 , 0.2604875

Brilliant,,Thanks for that.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    B544
    my cousin runs a bakery 'the nutty baker' in victoria st about 150 yds from the seacroft rd car park we've overnighted there twice in the last two years, once for a family wedding & again for a birthday meal no problems either occasion,

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

I have sent an email

As follows

To...carparks@e-lindsey.gov.uk

Dear Sir,

I have a motorhome.

1) It seems clear that I can park here for 24hrs

2) It is not clear that we could sleep overnight in the vehicle

3) is cooking (in the vehicle) permitted

Clearly this is not a campsite and so no equipment will be outside the vehicle and no awning used

I will post their reply

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 530L
    We must all do what we think is best and I thank you for sending that email to East Lindsey council. We should accept at face value their provision of parking spaces for us. We should just use these spaces and not worry them to make public concessions. It invites them to lose face in view of their previous opposition to motorhomes. Councils guard carefully their decision making and don't like to be seen to be changing their minds. They see that as a weakness when we might see it as a strength.

If this is indeed a concession, then ...

Throughout 2014/15 and perhaps a little of 2016 there were continuous efforts to get East Lindsey to tone down their ant-motorhome stance in a number of places - chief among them their decision to impose height barriers on car parks in Skegness but also on car parks throughout the Lincolnshire County Council area - Huttoft for example. The council justified height barriers as non-descriminatory because, they said, there is sufficient street parking for motorhomes. John Thompson's stance on anti-discrimination was very effective Made To Feel Like Outcasts | Page 2 | MotorhomeFun | The Best Motorhome Club in the World (probably) in making the two councils listen. Both councils became very defensive about their discrimination policy and the chief executive was quick to distance his council from one councillor's public statement that motorhomers are a bunch of freeloaders. There were protests in other parts of Lincolnshire - Huttoft I've already mentioned and protests by the gypsy community. I had my own little bit to do too.

If this is indeed a concession then it proves the need to stand up to councils and question them when they make bad decisions

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by jagmanx View Post
    As follows

To...carparks@e-lindsey.gov.uk

Dear Sir,

I have a motorhome.

1) It seems clear that I can park here for 24hrs

2) It is not clear that we could sleep overnight in the vehicle

3) is cooking (in the vehicle) permitted

Clearly this is not a campsite and so no equipment will be outside the vehicle and no awning used

I will post their reply
    I get the impression in other places that some councils have adopted a pragmatic approach to MH parking . If asked officially [as above] they are going to answer officially i.e. NO . In this instance it appears they are allowing us to park without actually saying so . Why stir things up ?
    p.s. all of these threads should be on members only forum

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    I get the impression in other places that some councils have adopted a pragmatic approach to MH parking . If asked officially [as above] they are going to answer officially i.e. NO . In this instance it appears they are allowing us to park without actually saying so . Why stir things up ?
    p.s. all of these threads should be on members only forum
    I understand what you say !
    We shall see.

On the basis of your solution we could get a penalty notice which could not be challenged (successfully).

If they say NO ! I will go elsewhere.... as will others

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 530L
    Quote Originally Posted by jagmanx View Post
    I understand what you say !
    We shall see.

On the basis of your solution we could get a penalty notice which could not be challenged (successfully).

If they say NO ! I will go elsewhere.... as will others
    Not true.

A challenge would be successful. What is not forbidden is allowed. We can only know what is forbidden if there is a sign at the car park saying so. Here, it seems, there is no sign forbidding overnight parking. Therefore, allowed.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

I know I am being picky but

Quote Originally Posted by maureenandtom View Post
    Not true.

A challenge would be successful. What is not forbidden is allowed. We can only know what is forbidden if there is a sign at the car park saying so. Here, it seems, there is no sign forbidding overnight parking. Therefore, allowed.
    I do not accept your "not True" certainly not "not likely" Maybe a challenge would be successful BUT.. too much aggravation.
    Personally I will not stay there unless I get a suitable response.
    The same goes for other situations.
    Given our lifestyle and my philosophy I avoid all such complications !

In effect .. "If I am not welcome.. I will not use...and spend"

Each to their own ..Just my strategy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information