CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving the reversing camera

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by colpot View Post
    Thanks for the replies/suggestions. The exisiting camera position is next to useless for reversing as you cant see how close you are to things. I wouldnt use it for forward travel in place of the wing/internal mirrors as I have plenty of rear vision for this, its just the step/rear box I need to be aware of when reversing.
    Currently Mrs Colpot goes to the back of the van and tells me when I am close enough, but to save her legs is why I am thinking of having the existing camera moved. Am booking Van into Johns Cross for some other work so will get their advice then.
    What I done when I fitted mine is, I Put a Can or Box exactly 6ft from my Rear Bumper. Then I Tilted or Angled the Camera so When the Can or Box 'Touches' the bottom of the View screen when reversing I know that the obstacle is That known distance (Say 6ft) away.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Rhythm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesting Zombie View Post
    What I done when I fitted mine is, I Put a Can or Box exactly 6ft from my Rear Bumper. Then I Tilted or Angled the Camera so When the Can or Box 'Touches' the bottom of the View screen when reversing I know that the obstacle is That known distance (Say 6ft) away.
    Thanks - I might try that but because the camera is on top of the step when I tilt it I think I might just see more of the step than I can see now. However I am now thinking I might just move it to the rear of the step if I can make it secure enough
    Remember - if it aint broke, fix it till it is!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Quote Originally Posted by colpot View Post
    Thanks - I might try that but because the camera is on top of the step when I tilt it I think I might just see more of the step than I can see now. However I am now thinking I might just move it to the rear of the step if I can make it secure enough
    Well if you look at the picture Below, You can see Where & How I've mounted my Wireless Reversing Camera as You can 'Just' see the Lens poking through top dead centre of my the rear Box. & if you set it up like I described in previous post I think it will be ok for you, Just play around with it and see. But be sure to let us know how you get on !.
    Dropbox - IMAG1657_1.jpg
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 13-01-2017 at 09:31.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information