CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving the reversing camera

Member Number:

Moving the reversing camera

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Does anyone have any recommendations for someone in the South who could/would move our reversing camera?
    Its on an Autocruise Rhythm
    Its currently fixed to the back step but I need it higher up on the roof top to be of any use for reversing.
    Remember - if it aint broke, fix it till it is!

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by colpot View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for someone in the South who could/would move our reversing camera?
    Its on an Autocruise Rhythm
    Its currently fixed to the back step but I need it higher up on the roof top to be of any use for reversing.
    Hi ya,
    its a relatively easy job to Re locate it Yourself if your a Half practical person !.
    Have you got a Pic of the Back of your vehicle, & maybe we could collectively Talk you through it.
    If Not, Then I can HIGHLY recommend a Marine Electrician in Littlehampton !.

Member Number:
    Thanks Nesting Zombie
    The Boss doesnt want any cables showing on the outside of the Van nor can I be trusted to make holes to route the cable so I need to enlist a professional.

Member Number:
    Yep, I guessed as much.
    There should be a way up through one of the rear Quarter Panel's to the top though !, But ok.
    Looks like Google will be your best bet then.
    Littlehampton Marine Electrician.
    Eastbourne Marine Electrician.
    Most Auto Electricians (Loads in Worthing, Brighton, Hove, Arundel, Bognor) take your pick.
    I don't know if just taking it to whatever garage you normally might use would be as good as anything else.

Member Number:
    If it's on your rear steps they have probably ran the the cable along the chassis into the engine bay and then through the bulk head to the dash area where there's prob some excess cable coiled up.check motormax they do vehicle specific cameras that replace and incorporate the rear high level brake light or one that overhangs at the rear of roof looking down
    Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer & Citroen Relay Brake Light Reversing Camer – Motormax
    Last edited by Chris356; 10-01-2017 at 21:16.

Member Number:

2nd one

Leave that one
    Get a wireless one and and skixfix it on roof. Power from lights all 12v power.

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Cup View Post
    Leave that one
    Yeah, I've got a Wireless one, Works ok for me, But you still need a Power supply to the Camera !. So they might aS well just move the one the have up to top as suggested in my view, as nothing is gained.
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 10-01-2017 at 23:22.

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Cup View Post
    Leave that one
    ONLY WHEN THEY ARE ON .. You have to take a feed from the REVERSE LIGHT. Problem then is you have to wait for the camera to power up and make radio contact. Fixed wiring every time. If you are going to run power cables you might as well run camera cable. Just find somewhere to run it and join it to the old one. Any decent auto electrician should be able to do it but it won't be cheap. I had a camera PROFESSIONALLY FITTED. They said they could not give me a price because they didn't know how long it would take. When I went to collect it they had managed to type a bill out for 480. This was just for the camera 210 and sorting the wiring which was already there but with the wrong connectors.

Member Number:
    Think about adding another up high to compliment your low down one. Monitor should be switchable between two sources.....and no holes left.

Member Number:
    Thanks for the replies/suggestions. The exisiting camera position is next to useless for reversing as you cant see how close you are to things. I wouldnt use it for forward travel in place of the wing/internal mirrors as I have plenty of rear vision for this, its just the step/rear box I need to be aware of when reversing.
    Currently Mrs Colpot goes to the back of the van and tells me when I am close enough, but to save her legs is why I am thinking of having the existing camera moved. Am booking Van into Johns Cross for some other work so will get their advice then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information