CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: theres a rat in my camper or was

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    What about a packet of polo mints .
    That would work, also handy if you run out of other sweeties, lift up the carpet blow off the dust and you have more yummy sweeties.
    Likes - trevskoda liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    funny enough, i'd just been out to put a couple of traps in the car before i read this thread.we've had mice and rats lots of times, a couple of squirrels, and they can be very nasty when cornered ,and a good size snake once. i will try that peppermint oil thing ta Haamster

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    1.99 from Amazon Nige. don't know if it works on squirrels though, probably attracts them.

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The laird View Post
    Common for mice,field mice other rodents ESP on farm to chew through washer hose and coolant pipes for the sweet taste of screen wash additive or anti ,freeze.also had them in the heater trunking up to air vents etc on cars n vans.
    A fair few headaches on some cars over the years before finding wires etc gnawed through or as stated nested in.
    Even known rats to chew through lead water pipes to get at the water. Had a rat hole on the farm when I was a kid so we mixed 2 barrows full of concrete and broke 2 crates of milk bottles into the mix. Poured it all in the hole and pushed it down about 4 feet into the hole. Next morning the buggers had eaten all the lot and opened the hole back up!! Couldn't even find any of the broken glass!?! Go Figure!?

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    funny enough, i'd just been out to put a couple of traps in the car before i read this thread.we've had mice and rats lots of times, a couple of squirrels, and they can be very nasty when cornered ,and a good size snake once. i will try that peppermint oil thing ta Haamster
    Dunno bout nasty, but squirls taste mighty fine!!

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haaamster View Post
    100% sure fire way of stopping mice of getting into the motorhome is to soak some cotton balls in peppermint oil and place them around inside. Miceys hate mint.
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    What about a packet of polo mints .
    Funny you should mention polo mints. It won't work. I had a mouse in my car once, it ate a whole pack of polo mints - that's how I knew it was there, went to get a polo out of the glovebox and there was an empty packet. So I put a mousetrap in it, laced with a piece of Mars Bar. Problem solved.

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haaamster View Post
    100% sure fire way of stopping mice of getting into the motorhome is to soak some cotton balls in peppermint oil and place them around inside. Miceys hate mint.
    Yes Paul my parents took your advice and no mice yet
    Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, cool buzzing, high talking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing...........Cant remember
    Likes - Haaamster liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    We were at Falisia pay aire in Portugal, it was raining cats and dogs, so we were inside reading etc.
    I kept hearing the odd bang seemingly coming from the front of our van, so I went outside, I couldn't see anything wrong, but instinct told me to lift the bonnet.
    I taught I taw a puty cat! I did see a puty cat
    The pussy cat, jumped out
    I watched the pussy cat and it went from van to van, sheltering under the vans and climbing up into the engine compartments.
    The pussy cat, was not alone, there seemed to be quite a few wild pussy cats
    I suppose, owners were feeding them, encouraging them to hang around the aire!
    Oh well, the humour was lost
    Tramping the Dream, Chasing Rainbows, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine, and sometimes, just scootering around!
    Graham

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    I had to sort out a sprinter ice cream van they had been living in found ice cream cones milky way wrappers behind dash they would have had a years supply of food but they still chewed through the wiring. They had an easy entry in where the ice cream machine drive shaft went through the bulkhead to the engine.it was a 2012 about 60,000 it was off the road for 3 weeks had it in a thousand pieces fixed it in the end

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggBear View Post
    Even known rats to chew through lead water pipes to get at the water. Had a rat hole on the farm when I was a kid so we mixed 2 barrows full of concrete and broke 2 crates of milk bottles into the mix. Poured it all in the hole and pushed it down about 4 feet into the hole. Next morning the buggers had eaten all the lot and opened the hole back up!! Couldn't even find any of the broken glass!?! Go Figure!?
    Irish rats ,tuff buggers.
    Only dirty people wash

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information