CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: theres a rat in my camper or was

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Haaamster View Post
    100% sure fire way of stopping mice of getting into the motorhome is to soak some cotton balls in peppermint oil and place them around inside. Miceys hate mint.
    Thanks Paul... I've ordered some. Wish I'd known that when mice moved into my garden shed. I can't do anything cruel, so I just had to block up all the holes, get rid of the bird food and wait for them to move out. Next door's cats were no help!

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    The minty trick has made me smile.

Occasionally Pythons and boas who eat mice and rats, sometimes strike at their keepers and hang on !!! Within snake keeping circles a well known trick is to pour a little Listerine in their mouths to encourage them to let go. they hate the taste.

Touch wood I have only ever been tagged by a Amazon Tree Boa who was in a bad mood. Although got me twice in a split second.

I have a juvenile crawl cay at the moment who could perhaps best be described as psychotic or feisty if we are being kind so mouth wash near his viv

Channa

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries

joke ice

Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    What about a packet of polo mints .
    gone north for the winter

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    my parents had a store cupboard of food in large coffee jars, mouse got in there.... some years ago ... but i seem to remember it was one the cat decided to exibit in the kitchen, anyway id half emptied the cupboad of jars when the cat knocked one over and smashed it, mouse tried to run through the pool of golden syrup.... cat wernt happy, he couldnt unstick the mouse and his paws tasted funny.]
    Likes - channa, Caz liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    A rat got into our new MH via a hole in the floor for the shower drain, every other drain hole had wire mesh
    over the hole except the shower drain, obviously missed during manufacture, it chewed cables and water pipes and got into the dogs cupboard and took about 20 dog treats (long thin flat ones) into the engine bay.
    A year later a Mechanic found them when I had the springs up graded and thought they had got there via
    the screen heater vents thinking we had left an open packet on the dash.
    It's pronounced CHILL BUS!!

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries

No more Vermin!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    we decided to go away for the new year so headed off to scarbrough for two days then up to whitby (so far so good) lol parked up in main car park next to the river new years eve took dogs on beach got back to van feed dogs run van put heater on to dry dogs off went out later for a few drinks (so far so good)
    got back in van went to sleep got up to set off home van started but now ive got no heater windscreen wipers brake lights indicators rang rac he couldnt find any fault rac truck back home (so far not so good) spent 2 days on van before i found the problem when i started the van new years eve to make the engine bay nice and warm a rat decided to collect spilt dog food take it into the engine bay to eat then it decided to build a nest out of my wiring loom you couldnt make it up lol all sorted now i wont be parking near a river again or feeding dogs out side
    My double decker bus is out in the sticks and when first converted I noticed the odd Mickey Mouse turd in the kitchen area which I wasn't best pleased with but then one day whilst lounging a rat popped up from the smallest hole under the sink shot across the kitchen area as I nearly jumped out of my skin and out of the emergency door that was open as it was a nice day. That did it for me and the research began. Here is our salvation, just search for this on Ebay:

'Pestbye Whole House Mouse Rat Rodent Repeller Deterrent Ultrasonic Pest Plug In'.

Don't be a cheapskate and get a lesser alternative, these really work, go for their top of the range unit that's about 23 ish. I went OTT and put one upstairs and one down, I then did the same at home. Result: Not a trace since and that was 9 years ago. I replace one now and then as I guess nothing lasts forever. They don't affect most domestic pets.

Just run a mains lead into your van when it's not in use or run one off your inverter when it is, they draw very little power. If you already have an infestation and somewhere in your pride and joy Mrs Rat is nursing babies she'll stay until they can leg it on their own and won't come back.
    Just love driving around the UK in my stealth camper!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information