CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: theres a rat in my camper or was

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hi top

theres a rat in my camper or was

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    we decided to go away for the new year so headed off to scarbrough for two days then up to whitby (so far so good) lol parked up in main car park next to the river new years eve took dogs on beach got back to van feed dogs run van put heater on to dry dogs off went out later for a few drinks (so far so good)
    got back in van went to sleep got up to set off home van started but now ive got no heater windscreen wipers brake lights indicators rang rac he couldnt find any fault rac truck back home (so far not so good) spent 2 days on van before i found the problem when i started the van new years eve to make the engine bay nice and warm a rat decided to collect spilt dog food take it into the engine bay to eat then it decided to build a nest out of my wiring loom you couldnt make it up lol all sorted now i wont be parking near a river again or feeding dogs out side

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Unlucky !

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    we decided to go away for the new year so headed off to scarbrough for two days then up to whitby (so far so good) lol parked up in main car park next to the river new years eve took dogs on beach got back to van feed dogs run van put heater on to dry dogs off went out later for a few drinks (so far so good)
    got back in van went to sleep got up to set off home van started but now ive got no heater windscreen wipers brake lights indicators rang rac he couldnt find any fault rac truck back home (so far not so good) spent 2 days on van before i found the problem when i started the van new years eve to make the engine bay nice and warm a rat decided to collect spilt dog food take it into the engine bay to eat then it decided to build a nest out of my wiring loom you couldnt make it up lol all sorted now i wont be parking near a river again or feeding dogs out side
    Maybe you should do a film

Rats in A camper ..starring Samuel L Jackson !

Ps There was a rare albino python on an Emirates flight just a couple of days ago !

Member Number

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    I had mice in a caravan I had years ago. They chewed through the water pipes in inaccessible places. It turned into a big job.
    Edit. Where did the Newbie thingee come from?
    Last edited by antiquesam; 10-01-2017 at 16:56.

The laird is offline Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer b544 and luv it
    Common for mice,field mice other rodents ESP on farm to chew through washer hose and coolant pipes for the sweet taste of screen wash additive or anti ,freeze.also had them in the heater trunking up to air vents etc on cars n vans.
    A fair few headaches on some cars over the years before finding wires etc gnawed through or as stated nested in.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Transporter PVC
    I think I've just discovered a previously unknown advantage with my VW having an engine underbelly pan! Prior to this post, I'd pretty much considered it an annoying hassle!

Melissa

grath is online now Full Member
    Name: Graham
    Spouse: Kathleen

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B654 SL Star Edition 3 Ltr, 4500kg
    We were at Falisia pay aire in Portugal, it was raining cats and dogs, so we were inside reading etc.
    I kept hearing the odd bang seemingly coming from the front of our van, so I went outside, I couldn't see anything wrong, but instinct told me to lift the bonnet.
    I taught I taw a puty cat! I did see a puty cat
    The pussy cat, jumped out
    I watched the pussy cat and it went from van to van, sheltering under the vans and climbing up into the engine compartments.
    The pussy cat, was not alone, there seemed to be quite a few wild pussy cats
    I suppose, owners were feeding them, encouraging them to hang around the aire!
    Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine
    Graham+Kath = Grath

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    We were at Falisia pay aire in Portugal, it was raining cats and dogs, so we were inside reading etc.
    I kept hearing the odd bang seemingly coming from the front of our van, so I went outside, I couldn't see anything wrong, but instinct told me to lift the bonnet.
    I taught I taw a puty cat! I did see a puty cat
    The pussy cat, jumped out
    I watched the pussy cat and it went from van to van, sheltering under the vans and climbing up into the engine compartments.
    The pussy cat, was not alone, there seemed to be quite a few wild pussy cats
    I suppose, owners were feeding them, encouraging them to hang around the aire!
    There working for council to keep the parks rodent free,i could lend you my cat jet or frosty to sort you problems out,on patrol as we speak.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    100% sure fire way of stopping mice of getting into the motorhome is to soak some cotton balls in peppermint oil and place them around inside. Miceys hate mint.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Haaamster View Post
    100% sure fire way of stopping mice of getting into the motorhome is to soak some cotton balls in peppermint oil and place them around inside. Miceys hate mint.
    What about a packet of polo mints .
    Only dirty people wash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information