CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Travel Insurance, which company?

Member Number:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquigem View Post
    what trip length please ?
    Not that long. 31 days. Which for us is fine.
    Cheers
    The member formally known as Star Trekker and DavidV

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve121 View Post
    It's actually 90 days per trip.
    Had another look, but still seems to be 31 days, max, for annual multi trip, which is what we need.

Member Number:

Lightbulb trav insurance

Quote Originally Posted by spigot View Post
    I went to renew my Travel Insurance (not vehicle insurance) for this year & was horrified by the horrendous quotes, some up to 800.

I need an annual multi-trip policy, we are both in our late 70s & are away for long periods at a time in Europe.

I realise it won't come cheap but that price is over double what we paid last year.

I'm thinking of not getting any & relying on EHIC.

What do you guys do in a similar situation?, I'd be grateful for any advice.
    try phone 01427 873 388 harold woolgar

Member Number:
    On the road but based in Belper, Derbyshire
    Another vote for LV here. We have used them several times for trips beyond the EU and they offer reasonable rates, good cover and - most importantly for us - a maximum trip length of 90 days for us old fogies. Jenny has a couple of pre-existing conditions and the annual policy works out at around 300.

On the other hand, when spending time in Spain, we rely wholly on EHIC. The health service down here is excellent and free. The problem with EHIC is that the standard of care varies from member country to member country so you need to check it out for where you are going before deciding whether you need extra cover. Also, EHIC doesn't include repatriation but that doesn't matter to us; if it matters to you then you need insurance. Our motorhome insurance (with Safeguard) includes bringing the van back home if I become incapacitated.

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    I was with ADAC when I took out Flexiplus. Even with ADAC still works out cheaper. As I said, other benefits e.g. Mobile phone insurance.

That Flexiplus account looks too good to be true, if I'm not mistaken one gets 3% interest on the first 2500 & nil thereafter.

Therefore, if I deposit 2.5 thou into the account, I'll get 75 interest to come off the 120 yearly cost but I'll have to add 90 for the prolonged period, which still sounds reasonable for worldwide travel insurance. There's also other benefits like mobile phone insurance.

Or am I missing something here???
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.
    Likes - yeoblade liked this post

Member Number:
    As an adjunct ref the ski insurance. Spoke to a semi ex-pat on the ski lift today who says he uses normal insurance/ehic? But then bumps it up with local ski cover "skineige" or something like that, sorry, I'm being a bit vague as haven't had the chance to do my normal, geeky, internet research around the ideas.
    But given that to move from 45 to 60 day cover, which we did purely because of the ski issues, cost us an extra 112 it's something I will investigate.
    Elaine

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post
    Not that long. 31 days. Which for us is fine.
    Cheers
    That's 31 days cover per holiday, per countrie visit. Covered us for three holidays one year. Peace of mind and great value.
    Spent quite a bit of time researching on line and they came back as very good value for money.
    Cheers.
    David.
    The member formally known as Star Trekker and DavidV

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post
    Alpha Travel Insurance. 62.88 per year couple, pre existing conditions, worldwide cover. 10 million pound med cover. Used them twice now ( never claimed though ) I get the winter sports cover for skiing option. Peace of mind when traveling to Canada, Aus.
    Cheers.
    David
    Another plus for Alpha.
    They also include for when taking and riding 1700cc Harley with us.

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by spigot View Post
    That Flexiplus account looks too good to be true, if I'm not mistaken one gets 3% interest on the first 2500 & nil thereafter.

Therefore, if I deposit 2.5 thou into the account, I'll get 75 interest to come off the 120 yearly cost but I'll have to add 90 for the prolonged period, which still sounds reasonable for worldwide travel insurance. There's also other benefits like mobile phone insurance.

Or am I missing something here???
    I haven't got anything in my account. I just transfer 10 to it every month.

Member Number:
    Carol, just thought of something.

Does that flexiplus only cover one person or does it include a spouse?
    Britons were wild camping long before campsites, it's a basic human right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information