CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Water everywhere and not a drop to fill with.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I

Water Water everywhere and not a drop to fill with.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I filled the tanks to 75% at home and used it for three days then as the gauge got lower I thought I needed to get some, I used the POIs to go to various addresses and found toilets, all without a tap or any way of getting water out, inbuilt sinks it seems are in vogue nowadays with sprays in the top. I went to one garage listed as having a fill point, asked and was told fine, use it, so I fill the fuel to make it worth their while, then went to the tap and it was OUT OF ORDER turned off at source for the freezing winter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ck. I the end We got to a friends house in North Wales and he had a stopcock so I filled up there, and also put the cassette down the main drain cover. Water is always the thing I get stuck on as we use only a bit but it is VERY difficult to replace it as there are few places with a tap. I do not want to trapse up and down filling a watering can if I can avoid it, but that is the last resort after the windscreen washer filling point in a garage which take a LONG time at a dribble. Where do you all fill up with water? I am loathe to drag all the weight around as a full tank is 100 kgs and it is a bit off the loading capacity.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mitsubishi delica JB500
    Although i wild camp almost all the time, before now i have gone to a village hall/community centre where i can see an outside tap and asked if i could make a donation in exchange for some water and was delighted with the small amount of money that they were happy to accept.

i also fill up at campsites (many charge £10 for grey/black waste dump and water refill - i think that is well worth it - but i guess many sites are shut right now

most small harbours, where fishing vessels land their catch, will contain a tap - and harbour masters, if asked nicely, have allowed me to take water for free.

Some small harbours may also have showers for passing sailors and those facilities will also have taps.

i see luggingfull watering cans to and fro as a useful form of exercise, especially on days when i am sitting for many hours
    Last edited by delicagirl; 11-01-2017 at 20:32.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Trail Dakota
    The Tap POIs are the ones you should use.

The Toilet POIs are intended to help find black waste disposal options.

Don't forget that most cemeteries have taps. I appreciate that at this time of year it's more difficult with taps shut off for Winter.

Sainsbury's garages usually have a tap.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vauxhall movano
    I find most car wash / jet wash garages have taps specialy supermarket ones.
    I have even filled with the jet wash on occasions OK it costs a quid for 3 minute but problem solved I only have 70 liter tank

Member Number
    Motorhome
    hymer b544
    Quote Originally Posted by GWAYGWAY View Post
    I filled the tanks to 75% at home and used it for three days then as the gauge got lower I thought I needed to get some, I used the POIs to go to various addresses and found toilets, all without a tap or any way of getting water out, inbuilt sinks it seems are in vogue nowadays with sprays in the top. I went to one garage listed as having a fill point, asked and was told fine, use it, so I fill the fuel to make it worth their while, then went to the tap and it was OUT OF ORDER turned off at source for the freezing winter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ck. I the end We got to a friends house in North Wales and he had a stopcock so I filled up there, and also put the cassette down the main drain cover. Water is always the thing I get stuck on as we use only a bit but it is VERY difficult to replace it as there are few places with a tap. I do not want to trapse up and down filling a watering can if I can avoid it, but that is the last resort after the windscreen washer filling point in a garage which take a LONG time at a dribble. Where do you all fill up with water? I am loathe to drag all the weight around as a full tank is 100 kgs and it is a bit off the loading capacity.
    hi
    anyone at newcastle on tyne can top up at mine for nowt and dump

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner T660 Nexxo
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyt View Post
    hi
    anyone at newcastle on tyne can top up at mine for nowt and dump
    Same here if anybody is in need in the Chorley, Lancashire area.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    twin wheel transit
    I have an outside tap in the driveway with hose so that wilders can fill up if Iím not about, thereís a charity tin by the jams.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes 207D
    It really does my head in when it's bucketing down outside and I'm sitting there with near empty tanks. I've been considering ways of collecting this free water but have yet to come up with a viable solution. Ideally I'd like to collect everything from the roof and send it down a pipe with some sort of filtration system.
    668,the neighbour of the beast.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    It really does my head in when it's bucketing down outside and I'm sitting there with near empty tanks. I've been considering ways of collecting this free water but have yet to come up with a viable solution. Ideally I'd like to collect everything from the roof and send it down a pipe with some sort of filtration system.
    How about making something like this;

STAND-ALONE RAINWATER COLLECTOR

Obviously without the IBC! But a fold up version with an in line filter could run straight into your tank filler cap. Even possibly made from a kids paddling pool or similar.
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    hang a thin chain off the ends of your gutters, ie all 4 corners, and put the ends into 4 stackable buckets

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information