CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Nice charge on a Winters day.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Well, Solar Panel installations should be Busy today !, Lovely Day for Power Harvesting.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis Accordo
    The sun's got it's hat on at last!

Readings taken at 2pm by three different meters range from 1.9 to 2.2 amps, one meter is brand new.

The usual problem with using solar in the winter isn't that the sun is low in the sky... it's that the panels are nearly always flat on the van roof.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis Accordo
    We were parked next to a German guy at a Spanish aire a couple of years ago, he stayed away from home for months on end and never had hook up. We went up on the roof and propped his 3 panels up to face the sun. I didn't ask if he made the props himself or if they were commercially available but was a great idea. Has anybody seen proppable panels? I've been thinking about mounting mine on the roof but to get it to face the sun properly would be quite a mechanical feat. But flat on the roof is a waste of a panel outside summer.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    So,, How are the Solar Panels doing !. Any more readings ?.

wakk44 is offline Full member
    Name: Steve
    Spouse: memsahib

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B644
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch6 View Post
    We were parked next to a German guy at a Spanish aire a couple of years ago, he stayed away from home for months on end and never had hook up. We went up on the roof and propped his 3 panels up to face the sun. I didn't ask if he made the props himself or if they were commercially available but was a great idea. Has anybody seen proppable panels? I've been thinking about mounting mine on the roof but to get it to face the sun properly would be quite a mechanical feat. But flat on the roof is a waste of a panel outside summer.
    What you need is a sun tracking solar panel................Oyster SamY Solar Plus Motorised Solar Panel For Sale at The Oyster Centre

At that price I'd sooner get on the roof and prop them up.
    If at first you don't succeed,skydiving is not for you.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information