CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Autogas Thirsk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1996 Dethleffs Globe Trotter

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    There are quite a few bood, local independent cafes in the centre of Thirsk. The ones I went to were better AND cheaper than Wetherspoons, without exploiting their staff on minimum wage, zero hours pay.
    To be honest, Wetherspoons beer is cheap and usually excellent, but their food is just OK-ish reheated chilled stuff. They are driving other businesses away by sheer marketing clout and exploiting their staff.
    Support local businesses, unless you want every high street dominated by just a few brands
    I couldn't agree more. It saddens me to visit historic towns like Chester and York only to see the same big box shops as I can see in Telford Shopping Centre.

Regards,
    Del
    I have PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) I'm Positive, I'm Mental and now I have Attitude.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    There are quite a few bood, local independent cafes in the centre of Thirsk. The ones I went to were better AND cheaper than Wetherspoons, without exploiting their staff on minimum wage, zero hours pay.
    To be honest, Wetherspoons beer is cheap and usually excellent, but their food is just OK-ish reheated chilled stuff. They are driving other businesses away by sheer marketing clout and exploiting their staff.
    Support local businesses, unless you want every high street dominated by just a few brands
    Brilliant post !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter

All fair enough comments and ideals I generally go along with. The Wetherspoons was recommended by the bloke that dropped me off and was half full of locals having breakfast, which at best is ok ish.
    Regarding supporting local businesses, Wetherspoons have closed 3 pubs local to me in the last 18 months, you'd think the other smaller pubs would benefit, no, less customers then ever. Wetherspoons is where people would have started their night out, then on to other pubs.

Funny enough, I drink with a bloke who loaned Tim Martin a few hundred quid in the late 70's to get started. His second bar was my local and it was a breath of fresh air, when serving real ales was bucking the trend.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Have you been gassed yet ?
    You Look Nice Are You The Doctor

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Exsis I562 stolen replaced with a Hobby Siesta
    Spoonies buy beer from the local micro brewers here which is beneficial to promoting their brands.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Obanboy666 View Post
    James Herriot museum, Twisted Landrovers, if you are into Landrover they uprate / modify them.
    I'm sure Autogas will run you into Thirsk if you ask them.
    I did the same thing last month. Don't miss the James Herriott museum. That's well worth a look. There's only a couple of buses to and from Thirsk each hour, but you could walk it. To be honest, the town is pretty but the shops were a bit of a disappointment. A few nice cafes though.
    Thanks for that both.

They did indeed run me into Thirsk and I went to the JH museum. You were both right to recommend! A real time capsule. I took loads of photo's, only trouble is, when my missus saw them she now wants to go herself, being a big ACGAS/JH fan. I'm sure it will be worth it though, there is so much to see, I am sure I will have missed a few things.

Excellent.
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    I had breakfast/coffee in the Wetherspoons, a walk round town and before I knew it they were picking me up again. Nice relaxing morning.

Give the lads my regards please.
    Hi Mark. I asked Chris if he remembered Mark with the Sprinter 4x4.

He laughed and pointed to another Sprinter 4x4 on the car park. He said, "Yeah I remember Mark, I wouldn't have that if it wasn't for him!". He had bought the Sprinter after seeing yours to tow his rally cars and said that it is perfect for his needs.

He asked me to wish you all the very best.

The laird is online now Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer b544 and luv it
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    Thanks for that both.

They did indeed run me into Thirsk and I went to the JH museum. You were both right to recommend! A real time capsule. I took loads of photo's, only trouble is, when my missus saw them she now wants to go herself, being a big ACGAS/JH fan. I'm sure it will be worth it though, there is so much to see, I am sure I will have missed a few things.

Excellent.
    Sounds like you had fun,fun ,fun rob.more to the point feedback on the installers and did you sleep in the van with the HEATING on last night?😅😅😅😅

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by The laird View Post
    Sounds like you had fun,fun ,fun rob.more to the point feedback on the installers and did you sleep in the van with the HEATING on last night?😅😅😅😅
    No I went straight home Gordon. The heating isn't going in until the 28th.

Julie might start accompanying me once that's done!

The job was brilliant, I can't speak highly enough of them. I will post some pics later.

wakk44 is offline Full member
    Name: Steve
    Spouse: memsahib

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B644
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    No I went straight home Gordon. The heating isn't going in until the 28th.

Julie might start accompanying me once that's done!

The job was brilliant, I can't speak highly enough of them. I will post some pics later.
    Thanks for the update,this company is one of the good guys,everyone I have spoken with about Autogas 2000 has been effusive about them.
    From now on I'm going to treat people like they treat me,some should be glad,some should be scared.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information