CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autogas Thirsk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC

Autogas Thirsk

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I'm heading up to Thirsk early tomorrow, aiming to arrive at about 8.00 am.

I will be dropping the van into Autogas to have the new tank fitted, which will take about 4-5 hours. I plan to have a breakfast at one of the cafes in town, but can anybody recommend anything to kill the time whilst I am waiting? I don't mind a bit of walking, but any local attractions would be appreciated. (I am coming home immediately after the job is done, not staying overnight).
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Devon Conversions Tempest.
    James Herriot museum, Twisted Landrovers, if you are into Landrover they uprate / modify them.
    I'm sure Autogas will run you into Thirsk if you ask them.
    The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - its all that matters.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    I had breakfast/coffee in the Wetherspoons, a walk round town and before I knew it they were picking me up again. Nice relaxing morning.

Give the lads my regards please.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Self-build
    Just as a slight alternative, it's all of 18 mins from thirsk to York by train.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    I had breakfast/coffee in the Wetherspoons, a walk round town and before I knew it they were picking me up again. Nice relaxing morning.

Give the lads my regards please.
    Will do Mark. I'll mention 4x4 Sprinter.
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Aviano
    Great company - very helpful. Booked in to get what we thought be a quick job on a Friday afternoon - ended up taking much longer but they still sorted it.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1996 Dethleffs Globe Trotter
    Another thumbs for for Autogas, very knowledgeable and super helpful

Regards,
    Del
    I have PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) I'm Positive, I'm Mental and now I have Attitude.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    I'm heading up to Thirsk early tomorrow, aiming to arrive at about 8.00 am.

I will be dropping the van into Autogas to have the new tank fitted, which will take about 4-5 hours. I plan to have a breakfast at one of the cafes in town, but can anybody recommend anything to kill the time whilst I am waiting? I don't mind a bit of walking, but any local attractions would be appreciated. (I am coming home immediately after the job is done, not staying overnight).
    I did the same thing last month. Don't miss the James Herriott museum. That's well worth a look. There's only a couple of buses to and from Thirsk each hour, but you could walk it. To be honest, the town is pretty but the shops were a bit of a disappointment. A few nice cafes though.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Citroen Relay swb
    Chris from Autogas sorted out the problem caused by the original installer, and wouldn't take any money for it. (I gave him some for charity). He's a really affable and helpful guy. Should have gone there in the first place!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    I had breakfast/coffee in the Wetherspoons
    There are quite a few bood, local independent cafes in the centre of Thirsk. The ones I went to were better AND cheaper than Wetherspoons, without exploiting their staff on minimum wage, zero hours pay.
    To be honest, Wetherspoons beer is cheap and usually excellent, but their food is just OK-ish reheated chilled stuff. They are driving other businesses away by sheer marketing clout and exploiting their staff.
    Support local businesses, unless you want every high street dominated by just a few brands

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information