CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dash cam....headache!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    As far as I know, there are only two worth getting. The mobius (not mobius 2) or a mini 0803. The mini 0803 has a screen (mostly useless) and optionally has a gps in its screen mount (well worth having). The mobius has neither but is neat, small and excellent.
    The important thing is that a dashcam has to be clear and sharp enough for number plates to be readable even when filming after dark. Cheap dashcams fail that test - and so do many expensive ones.
    Last edited by hairydog; 19-02-2017 at 21:51.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Vantana k55
    Check out dog cams on titnet,some good deals.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Integra
    I have had this one fitted for over 3 years now, and it is still working:
    HD DVR 170° Car Dash Cam Recorder 1080p LED Night Vision G-sensor+Rear Camera UK | eBay
    A mini SD card is slotted in and depending on the capacity of the SD card it will record to its capacity, then record over itself.
    I have the camera fitted at the top of the windscreen on my A class, so the camera is well out of the way of a clear view of the road.
    The 2nd camera which is designed to record at the same time can be accessed separately to view later by removing the mini SD card to view.
    The 2nd camera is usually used to record behind the vehicle, and it has a long lead, but I have it sat in front of my reversing camera.
    The camera is wired up so that it switches on to record as soon a the ignition is turned, so it is a "fit and forget" item, until/unless there is an incident.
    The power cables were tucked into the headlining surrounding the windscreen (plenty supplied).
    I paid more than the one I have given a link to (but I cannot remember how much, but I did not pay too much), bearing in mind how long I have had it, I think it has been good value.

Hope that helps.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Reference P716
    I use a Mobius - reasonable price, decent picture even on Youtube, can be used out of the vehicle and never a problem.

To watch Video in HD - click the 'cog' and bottom right of video and select 720p HD.

Camera Mount MOBIUS.jpg

For Youtube videos of Aires and other stuff - www.youtube.com/user/keithchesterfield

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    I use a GoPro Hero 4 .. Sits on the dash and gives great video output. It records in 5 min chunks and can be removed and used as an ordinary camera.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    None

Bjn

Hi QFour
    I also use a Go Pro hero but the thermal cut out switches it off pretty quickly on a hot sunny day(obviously not a problem in this country!!)
    do you suffer this or is mine dodgy?
    Regards
    Bryan

Member Number
    Motorhome
    TEC640R
    Quote Originally Posted by Debs View Post
    I've been researching dash cams on't Tinterweb, have looked at loads, and read so many reviews, that my head is full of pain Any one got any good recommends of any dash cams, without breaking the bank and doesn’t have reliability issues.
    Hi Debs, You will not find anyone more dumber than me with electronics. I bought a dash cam from e-bay and fitted it myself. That was 6 years ago and it is still rolling perfectly along. Pictures are not that great but just clear enough. What do you expect for £20!!!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by QFour View Post
    I use a GoPro Hero 4 .. Sits on the dash and gives great video output. It records in 5 min chunks and can be removed and used as an ordinary camera.
    I know the Go-Pro has a very good reputation, but they are a bit pricey, especilly when I want it just for a bit of fun!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2011 Iveco Daily 35s
    I bought two from Amazon couple of years back (£30 each) following an incident when 4 guys in a micra twice slammed the brakes on in front of me, second time I just stopped and sat with my hand on the horn until they drove off.

So a couple of weeks ago a young guy in an Audi sports car ran into the back of my wife as she slowed down at a speed bump, he made off. Although the dash cam was facing forward it clearly shows my wife slowing for the speed bump and then the Big Bang of the impact. The dash cam footage together with Google Earth convinced the insurance and police she was blameless. Car was repaired within a week and excess charge was refunded.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Debs View Post
    I know the Go-Pro has a very good reputation, but they are a bit pricey, especilly when I want it just for a bit of fun!
    Aldi/Lidl do a Go Pro clone every now and again Debs, usually about 30 quid;

'Go-Pro like' Action Camera : National Geographic Branded Action Camera 1080p £29.99 @ Aldi - HotUKDeals

If you scroll down to the comments, there is some footage you can view.

EDIT; Aldi National Geographic 1080p Camera (video example) - YouTube

Not sure when they will be in again though.
    Last edited by Robmac; 18-02-2017 at 12:42.
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information