CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arran toilets to close

Member Number:

Arran toilets to close

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Listening to radio Scotland early this morning and they said that due to council cuts they are closing all the public toilets as of 1st April. They mentioned the coastal drive route. Bit fuzzy on the details (it was early!) but the islanders are unhappy because of the effect on tourism, even the postie was moaning saying where was he expected to go on his run. Some communities are talking about looking after their own loos, but doesn't sound hopeful. No mention of Mohos, so we're not to blame!

Lesley
    To Infinity and Beyond!
    Likes - K13ehr liked this post
    Thanks - K13ehr Thanked this person

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverdave View Post
    Listening to radio Scotland early this morning and they said that due to council cuts they are closing all the public toilets as of 1st April. They mentioned the coastal drive route. Bit fuzzy on the details (it was early!) but the islanders are unhappy because of the effect on tourism, even the postie was moaning saying where was he expected to go on his run. Some communities are talking about looking after their own loos, but doesn't sound hopeful. No mention of Mohos, so we're not to blame!

Lesley
    With Strathclyde being the largest and populated region of Scotland, if they're closing bogs there, what hope is there for the smaller regions??
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical fault.
    Likes - Alf liked this post

Member Number:
    Blimey! A bit more here Concern as public toilets on Arran face closure - BBC News and here Petition launched to save Arran's public toilets from going down the pan (From Ardrossan and Saltcoats Herald)

What is more alarming is that they put in two really good service points for motorhomes at the loos at Whiting Bay and Blackwaterfoot so I Assume that means they will go as well. The toilets are all pretty dreadful but they served a purpose. Apparently they will save 35000 a year. Good grief are they that strapped for cash? It certainly didnt seem that way last summer. The place was booming, it always is, even in winter.

Given the increase in motorhome traffic I presume they will have the sense to keep the service points but I doubt it.

Member Number:
    Sounds like an excellent opportunity to approach the local authority promoting motorhome tourism as an income earner.

Member Number:
    My town current administration tried to close the only town centre loo a couple of year back. Administration were looking for shops and pubs to allows public use of their facilities.

I actually attended a public meet over loo closure and, I demanded council HQ toilets are opened up to the people who contribute to the running of council HQ, which is us.

Public toilets are still open, cooncil can't have the unwashed use their facilities...............sorry, facilities we the tax payer pay for. BTW, from public to cooncil HQ, 50 metre distance, max!!

Is it not surprising why we do not have a fondness towards these self serving snouts in the trough.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical fault.
    Likes - trevskoda, Alf, channa, K13ehr liked this post

Member Number:
    We still have one in Devizes but at 20p a "go" we might keep it.
    What's so funny about peace, love and understanding.

Member Number:
    Quote Originally Posted by maureenandtom View Post
    Sounds like an excellent opportunity to approach the local authority promoting motorhome tourism as an income earner.
    I agree but there were a few rumblings against motorhomes in the Arran Press earlier last year. We were there for six weeks last summer and nearly everyone we spoke to was positive but we did get some sarcy comment from one miserable old bat in Lochranza (we were parked up well tucked away at the bottom end of the loch). I would dread turning up there one day to see no overnighting signs everywhere. I just hope this move doesnt lead to irresponsible motorhomers dumping cassettes will nilly as its a fine line we tread.

We spent 1500 there last summer, maybe that might convince a few that motorhomers are good for business.
    Likes - Alf, K13ehr liked this post

Member Number:
    All the council offices ,police stations , and public buildings, library etc ,should be made to open their toilet's for public to use . And pass a law that gives you a right to use any toilet in any public accessible place such as hotels, bars ,restaurants ,shops etc .
    Likes - skyrakes, Alf liked this post
    Thanks - Alf Thanked this person

Member Number:
    By law no shop etc can refuse a toilet to a preg/girl or child but many do ,i reported one to the council but im sure it fell on deaf ears.
    Me i would just let go anywhere if they closed loos,serves them right as its our right to empty ones self,or burst.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number:
    Well, the way this country is going I'm sure it will be a common site to see people squatting to go to the toilet in parks, lay-bys and on the side of the road.

After all, that's how it works in the poorer countries isn't it?

One thing's for sure; there would be a lot of fat people in no time at all if they stopped us from being able to go to the toilet.

I vote for crapping in the council office's car park.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes.
    Likes - trevskoda liked this post
    Thanks - trevskoda Thanked this person

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information