CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare day.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E

Nightmare day.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    As per title, stopped off, at Apple cross inn for lunch, also to deliberate whether to cross over the pass. Heavy rain and high winds to take into consideration. Decided to take pass.

Was an interesting run over, near to nil viz and strong gusts of wind to contend with. Got over worst part, focusing on a careful descend. Hellish water cascading of the cliff faces, being careful not to aqua.

Viz improved with descend, I decided to pull in at a large passing place to take a quick pic of the numerous water falls, fook, where me camera??? Double fook, left it at the inn!

Obviously no chance of turning round, nor did I fancy another nail biter back over the pass, I carried on to Kishorn yard, where I spoke with owner, who in turn called the inn, camera still there, now what to do?

Ewan, boat yard owner lives on Apple cross, after work Ewan will pick up camera and I drive back to Kishorn yard tomorrow morning to pick up camera.

Once again Scottish hospitality saves my day. We're now in Lochcarron hotel for a wee drink and, my embarrassment is diminishing by the pint.

Cheers.
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
    Likes nicholsong liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    What an aweful day on west coast today. Relentless rain. Once camera picked up, going to scedaddle over east coast.

I really feel for those who have traveled far to visit our west coast!

BTW, NC500 t-shirts are available at several outlets dotted around west coast, anyone want one?
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    If it was not for the good lady terry you would forget yer heed.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    If it was not for the good lady terry you would forget yer heed.
    It was her fault Trev, I told her to pick it up

The laird is offline Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Travelvan 2*2 572
    Your frgn brave ,hope b doesn't read this or you panbreed!

wineciccio Guest
    sort of things you will remember for the rest of your life, I will pass on mine now, in Italy many years ago with my kids (3) and their girlfriend' s, only 2 of them, 7 of us in a big Foster and Day motorhome, VW LT, left the campsite in northern Tuscany and within 20 minutes a Mercedes car was following and hooting his bloody horn for me to stop, being in Italy and on a road I didn't feel at ease, I put my foot down thinking the worse, my wife and kids were a bit fearful to say the least, eventually I was overtaken and I had to do an emergency stop as the Merc was right there across the road and 2 blokes out of the car, boy did I **** myself, but guess what I only forgotten to pick the bloody passports at the reception, when I paid that morning lol, did I feel like I wanted to hide under a stone! My kids still bring that up now and then for a laugh.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago C-Line 4.9
    Sound great to me, I really enjoy driving the van in heavy rain (not at motorway speeds though).

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1984 Mercedes 608D Van/Truck
    Scedaddle ... I think that's the 1st time I've seen the word written down!
    Obviously I've heard it quite a bit 😇
    'Faith' 1984 Mercedes 608D

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by phillybarbour View Post
    Sound great to me, I really enjoy driving the van in heavy rain (not at motorway speeds though).
    To be honest, I was more worried about the wind. Also a couple of thou room for error. Was a free horizontal rain car wash!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    adria matrix m680sp
    Quote Originally Posted by wineciccio View Post
    sort of things you will remember for the rest of your life, I will pass on mine now, in Italy many years ago with my kids (3) and their girlfriend' s, only 2 of them, 7 of us in a big Foster and Day motorhome, VW LT, left the campsite in northern Tuscany and within 20 minutes a Mercedes car was following and hooting his bloody horn for me to stop, being in Italy and on a road I didn't feel at ease, I put my foot down thinking the worse, my wife and kids were a bit fearful to say the least, eventually I was overtaken and I had to do an emergency stop as the Merc was right there across the road and 2 blokes out of the car, boy did I **** myself, but guess what I only forgotten to pick the bloody passports at the reception, when I paid that morning lol, did I feel like I wanted to hide under a stone! My kids still bring that up now and then for a laugh.
    Can beat that driving to Athens in car two kids in back windsurfer and luggage on top typical English tourists had been warned by foreign office about taking care of muggers in cars stopping tourist cars and nicking them.
    We arrived in Athens very early in the morning after a bad drive down the east coast of Greece couldn't find the route out to glyfada so stopped a car at the traffic lights and asked the way they said follow us,then remembered warning so we let them shoot off and then we did a quick turn and did a good job of loosing our guide turned down a side road and car was blocking the road they got out and explained they were the police and showed us the way.they were undercover saving tourist like us.did find our flat not before pack of maurudaring dogs tried to chew the tyres of the car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information