CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Registration numbers

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    On a slightly different note: in NZ you can make up your own the number. Some we saw were a person's name, some were business names, some were like I DID IT or LIFE OF (on an old Riley) or MAX 160, the choice was endless. The authorities put a stop to the more crude examples but they are still around.
    The only power you have is the word 'no'.
    Likes - trevskoda liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    I really can't imagine any of the free spending motorhome community going to the trouble of cloning to avoid paying for fuel.
    It used to be a hose and bucket before the advent of locking fuel caps here.
    They have now turned to home heating oil tanks.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Nor can I but there are l o ads of travellers with motor caravans now they don't pay for anything. And seem immune from receiving fines etc.

Alf

Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    I really can't imagine any of the free spending motorhome community going to the trouble of cloning to avoid paying for fuel.
    Last edited by Alf; 21-04-2017 at 10:42.
    Likes - antiquesam, grath, Polar Bear, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Cloning vehicles is a bit harder nowadays to get plates made up, you need oyur v5 and proof of ID, But I do believe not the case for show plates so it negates it all a bit if you are determined.

At this moment in time my van would not pass an MOT nor is it taxed nor insured. However I have a Rover that is. ! I think the cams only identify vehicles not insured etc on a database, cant tell the difference between a ducato and rover 75.

I did have a set of French plates ,,,,an ornament before you get the wrong idea...stick them on my van, or better still Irish as the van is rhd. It does make you wonder if you would get caught stopped and checked

I must stress I haven't done it wont do it but an insight into my criminal mind.

NU NV typographical errors occur me lud

Channa
    yes makes you wonder ,i see loads of blue alahmbras about ,there as common as the common cold , it makes you think if i was to fit plates from one of those ok you would have to use show plates a bit of a give away as they have no B.S number or makers i.d ,ok not a local one would i realy get a tug off plod . after all its not a high value car is it ,not a merc or bmw that would be a common motor to clone .mind you i would more than likley fit plates from somebodys car that is dodgy and wanted by the cops with my luck or have a mahoosive accident landing me in chokey
    in the process of hunting for another tin shed on wheels
    Likes - trevskoda liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    I recently replaced the registration plates on both our Hymer and Scooter. Both from eBay and none required proof of ownership. The Van plates do have a very small post code!
    They were not advertised as show plates!
    Tramping the Dream, Chasing Rainbows, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine, and sometimes, just scootering around!
    Graham
    Likes - Alf, harrow liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    I recently replaced the registration plates on both our Hymer and Scooter. Both from eBay and none required proof of ownership. The Van plates do have a very small post code!
    Agreed I also ordered a couple of rear number plates for trailers from ebay, they were cheap, good quality and needed no proof of id.

Likes - grath liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    I went for the metal variety as I am fed up of the plastic type getting water between the laminates!
    Tramping the Dream, Chasing Rainbows, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine, and sometimes, just scootering around!
    Graham

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Two cases come to mind. When I was doing MOTs a customer used to ask me for a duplicate certificate for his tipper truck and his MR2. When I eventually asked him why he needed copies he told me he has bought both a tipper and MR2 that matches these in the UK and taken them out to Spain with the same reg's.

Another was in our local area there was a MOT inspector who was particularly picky and imposing, a right bar-steward, who often went beyond his remit in disciplining testers and authorised garages. A garage that had their authorisation revoked by him cloned his car and drove around for weeks getting speeding and parking fines and he never knew who had done it!
    Wilhelm.
    Likes - Alf, trevskoda, Edina, st3v3 liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    They are breaking the law and so are you for buying,there was a case on fake brit just a few weeks back and the cops arrested them at home making the plates,your a naughty boy go stand in the corner.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes - grath, Alf liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    They are breaking the law and so are you for buying,there was a case on fake brit just a few weeks back and the cops arrested them at home making the plates,your a naughty boy go stand in the corner.
    I'll take my chances, at least the letters are spaced properly, unlike many other private plates I see.
    However I did get a smaller plate for the scooter, which will be used abroad, and replaced if and when MOT time
    Does this face look bothered ! LOL
    Graham
    Likes - antiquesam, trevskoda liked this post

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information