CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Registration numbers

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC

Registration numbers

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    On another thread, it has been requested that somebody remove their reg number from a post as it is not wise to display it online. I have also noticed that people mask their reg numbers in photo's online.

I have heard this before, but never quite understood why? After all, my registration plate is available to be seen on my van as I drive about the countryside, so what is the difference online?

(Sorry Lee, not disputing your wisdom, it's a genuine question!)
    God bless Colonel Sanders. Marvellous man!

Member Number
    We've done this before and I don't think it's necessary.

There were 2 arguments. 1, that people will know you are not home, so might rob the house. Ludicrous as it relies on a thief seeing it on here, before you get home, and knowing where you live. More likely a passing person will just knock the front door. 2, stealing the van to order - more likely for exotic supercars and even then getting an address from a reg is hard.

All IMO or course...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Sprinter
    Plates have been copied and put on cars which are same model and colour. Car then used for something dubious, or at the least avoiding parking/speeding tickets. You then get wrapped up in dealing with stuff you shouldn't have to. Don't recall any incidents of it happening to a MH though, (not saying it has never happened to a MH) and Autotrader is full of uncovered number plates.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by mark61 View Post
    Plates have been copied and put on cars which are same model and colour. Car then used for something dubious, or at the least avoiding parking/speeding tickets. You then get wrapped up in dealing with stuff you shouldn't have to. Don't recall any incidents of it happening to a MH though, (not saying it has never happened to a MH) and Autotrader is full of uncovered number plates.
    I can see that Mark, but writing your Reg in a post doesn't give as much detail as displaying it on the open road, although I suppose it reaches a potentially higher audience?

Member Number
    Yes, if you want to clone a vehicle just google the make and model, not spend hours trawling threads on here looking for a photo of the right one.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post
    On another thread, it has been requested that somebody remove their reg number from a post as it is not wise to display it online. I have also noticed that people mask their reg numbers in photo's online.

I have heard this before, but never quite understood why? After all, my registration plate is available to be seen on my van as I drive about the countryside, so what is the difference online?

You read my mind as I put photos of my new van on faceache and it did cross my mind do I not post pics with reg no then I thought how neurotic can you actually get about these things so I posted the pics anyway hope the cloned vehicle isn't better than the one I bought lol
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Delphin Performance T821
    Scammers could presumably 'copy' the photos in a fake advert online.
    Gan canny Marra.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    09 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Swift Mondial RL
    If you look closely at my avatar my reg number is wiped out, I did it because I too had read not to display, but since then having thought about it I have just post pics displaying the reg plate. Doesn't seem much point when our tel # and contact details are all over our coffee van anyway.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    Quote Originally Posted by Robmac View Post

I blur mine as I am paranoid!
    No rest for the wicked!!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by runnach View Post
    I blur mine as I am paranoid!
    Everything looks blurred to me Terry!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information