CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    1000M USB Wireless WiFi Outdoor Waterproof Adapter
    Item ID: 162295434138
    Quantity: 1

From Ebay 16

Good for a laptop as it uses USB for power and connection

Simply works out of the box
    BUT you need to disable the laptop's built in wi-fi adapter

Currently using it on a site (C&CC CS for 10) with wi-fi signal from the owners house some 100m away (he gave me the code)
    I choose not to fix it but just "hang it out the windows"

----------------------------------
    Giff Gaff on my Smartphone/phablet

I find the Giff gaff plans good using their 15 goody bag
    5GB data unlimited texts 999 minutes of calls.
    The good thing is that you can renew early if you run out of data.
    Many plans available

This suits us and the 999 mins of calls is very handy

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elldis

Range

Hi there, this sounds good for Brit-stops to use the pub wifi...is there a signal strength indicator....how far do you reckon it will work....if you get chance to try it over longer distances will you update me. Maja

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elldis

Win 10

Hi again......seems it not work on windows 10 ? Maja

Member Number
    Motorhome
    50 foot Hobby
    I have a cheap Chinese one.
    Get about 10 times as many sources as the laptop built in one....No good if they are all password protected.

They are very directional and most will not work with android.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vauxhall movano
    I use one of These 3km is Abit optimistic but 1.5 no prolems

3KM Wireless Router Wifi Access Point High Power 300Mbps Wifi Router Outdoor CPE | eBay

PS modified it so it runs on 12volt insteat of using invertor
    Last edited by chrismilo; 11-05-2017 at 17:56.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    A shiny roof is the sign of a sick mind

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    I bought one of these. It is brilliant. It came with software, but I just plugged it in to my Windows 10 laptop. No need to switch off the existing wifi - this adds an extra connection. I bought it for something else, but may use it in the motorhome.
    1000M USB Wireless WiFi Outdoor Waterproof Adapter Antenna Booster 802.11b/g/n | eBay

Member Number
    Motorhome
    ADRIA IZOLA S687 SPG
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    I bought one of these. It is brilliant. It came with software, but I just plugged it in to my Windows 10 laptop. No need to switch off the existing wifi - this adds an extra connection. I bought it for something else, but may use it in the motorhome.
    1000M USB Wireless WiFi Outdoor Waterproof Adapter Antenna Booster 802.11b/g/n | eBay
    Looks pretty good for the price, does it have a micro usb connection, do you need a micro to usb 2/3 adapter to connect to the laptop.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Merc 309D Westfalia James Cook
    Friend got a G Spotter - yes I know - when he bought a secondhand van recently. He reckons it gets a mobile 4G/3G signal when there is none on his phone. Came with a few adaptors - Std USB and micro USB. Magnetic base sits on the roof/wall of the van so can either be hard wired or demounted. Handy little gadget, just needs a password cracker now and he'll be in business.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse (defined as a liberal gift) from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, followed always by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years." - attributed to Alexander Fraser Tytler, (October 15, 1747 - January 5, 1813) a Scottish-born British lawyer and writer.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Merc 309D Westfalia James Cook
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    Geez the Chinglish was a bit rough - I think I may offer an eBay ad checking service.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse (defined as a liberal gift) from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, followed always by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years." - attributed to Alexander Fraser Tytler, (October 15, 1747 - January 5, 1813) a Scottish-born British lawyer and writer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information