CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Members

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat ducato silver wanderer

New Members

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    As a Member of this Forum, I feel free members should be able to post, but not receive any feedback( only an indication of numbers who have replyed)
    I am sick to death of FREE members who ask for help and locations, we then supply it and they F*ck off happy.
    Maybe just sinicle?
    Or just the election sinicisum sinking in early!
    John

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Delphin Performance T821
    What about the Full Members who never join in the spirit of the Forum but only come on when they have a problem and want free information to save them spending money by using a professional?

In my book, they are worse than the type you dislike.
    My dream job is to be a sound engineer. I don't know why, I just want to - want to.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays View Post
    As a Member of this Forum, I feel free members should be able to post, but not receive any feedback( only an indication of numbers who have replyed)
    I am sick to death of FREE members who ask for help and locations, we then supply it and they F*ck off happy.
    Maybe just sinicle?
    Or just the election sinicisum sinking in early!
    John
    If you want new members you need to make the forum welcoming and if they couldn't read feed back from their posts how would they feel welcome.
    I do understand your position about asking for locations but it's in our hands not to provide them as for advice surely it's only friendly to offer it if you want to show we are a caring community and welcome people to join.
    You can't be lost if you don't know where you're going!!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme

Free to read but not post

A lot of forums allow people to read the posts but not to post or reply themselves. This way people see how friendly and informative the site is, but cannot "freeload". The wealth of information amongst our members is invaluable. This is my first port of call whenever I have a question and I often recommend it to other motorhomers as a result.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Tribute 715
    I see your point, but when I first joined I wanted to know more about wildcamping and after gleaming my first bit of information i instantly thought this is going to be a very handy and friendly site and joined on the next visit.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Hi Gang,
    I'm Still a relative New comer to this forum being still in my First year, I find it very Friendly, Funny, Argumentative, Sarcastic & Above all a VERY Knowledgeable Melting pot with information willingly given. Infact all what I would expect from a well attended & Run Forum. & have come to realize just how 'FRIENDLY' some members are to others in real life when they meet up.
    Now I have to say, I stopped Posting & even now only 'Occasionally Glance at the New arrivals board, BECAUSE it was at one time full of 'Where can I Stay' type posts & gave very little information or Background on anything else OR who they wher !. I personally just found it a bit Tedious Replying
    'Hi Ya,
    Maybe you should consider becoming a Full member to take advantage ----- Blah ----- Blah'.
    I think if anyone took the time to glance back on the boards there will be little dispute on how Friendly we are on here, Or how willing to lend a hand if needed. But WE don't help matters when we post details of Stops or Overnights on any old board for all to see who can be bothered to look.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Bolero 590 FB

I haven't been on here that long but found the wealth of help, experience and information available was so good I could not but join asap.
    Alison, Devon

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis Accordo
    I'm a free member and I come on here and give my friendly advice freely, as in the solar panel thread last night. If I wanted the POIs I would subscribe. But you can't tar all people with the same brush, I still feel I can be part of the forum & help people.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    97 sprinter ex police riot van.
    I think it's one of the best forums on the planet, it has everything I could wish for.
    I took a quick look about 2 years ago & joined up a few days later.

I think of most on here as friends & it's good fun trying to imagine what you all look like, although some of you have posted pics.

So yes I believe we should let people see what we're about, so they can decide to join or no, before they get the benefit of all the members experience.

Phill

Member Number
    Motorhome
    97 sprinter ex police riot van.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch6 View Post
    I'm a free member and I come on here and give my friendly advice freely, as in the solar panel thread last night. If I wanted the POIs I would subscribe. But you can't tar all people with the same brush, I still feel I can be part of the forum & help people.
    I see your point, but, without the full members subs, this forum wouldn't exist!

Phill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information