CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Three mobile broadband abroad

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome

Three mobile broadband abroad

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi all, sorry if's it's been mentioned already.
    With the new EU roaming legislation, Three are capping the data usage at 9gb for payg customers. Wish I'd know this was going to be the case before I bought 24GB! I've just spent an hour with their customer services. They're not shifting :-(

Pauljenny is offline INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOY
    Name: erm?
    Spouse: Management, ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Indigo
    I'm in the last month of my 3 contract and shopping around for a better deal.
    For our needs, they can't be beaten. I could cheerfully strangle the sarky staff in our local shop.
    Pity that their UK coverage is so p155 poor.
    Tesco offer better deals if you need more than 4 gigabytes a month.
    We don't, but it could be worthwhile for you to have s look.
    To the pure in mind, all things are pure

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauljenny View Post
    I'm in the last month of my 3 contract and shopping around for a better deal.
    For our needs, they can't be beaten. I could cheerfully strangle the sarky staff in our local shop.
    Pity that their UK coverage is so p155 poor.
    Tesco offer better deals if you need more than 4 gigabytes a month.
    We don't, but it could be worthwhile for you to have s look.
    Estate Agents , double glazing salesmen , phone shop staff .............

Strangely 3 customer services helpline is , in my experience , really good .
    I see BT are offering something similar [?] to 3 . Haven't checked it out yet

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome
    I bought the sim specifically to use abroad, don't really need it here. Bummer. BTW I was on live chat,, I don't dare phone them, they can never understand me!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 400 Peugeot Boxer 2.0
    It goes without saying that I can't find any mention of this on their blurb on the website - if it's there they've managed to hide it well, as usual.
    Is this a 9gb limit per month? If not over what period?
    George Best: "I spent a lot of money on booze, women and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman View Post
    It goes without saying that I can't find any mention of this on their blurb on the website - if it's there they've managed to hide it well, as usual.
    Is this a 9gb limit per month? If not over what period?
    Its a shame because it's actually worse now than it was before 15/6. It is on the website, I'd try to find it for you but I'm sick of it today.

It 9GB full stop, if I use that in one day thats me done for the whole trip. i asked her twice what would happen when I reached my limit and she gave me two different answers.
    1. I would no longer have connectivity.
    2. I'd be charged. This is a confusing point though coz I'm Payg, how are they going to charge me!
    It was a very frustrating chat, she eventually credited my account with 25 so I could buy an 'add on' I really didn't have the strength to ask her how that would make a difference given that I was still out of the uk!

FYI I also have a virgin pay monthly deal for my phone, they're adding a surcharge if you're more out of the UK than in, in nay 'rolling four month period'.

Here was me thinking how fab it would be to abolish roaming costs!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 400 Peugeot Boxer 2.0
    Thanks Jazzbow, I eventually found it on the 3 site. I also found an article about it on the Moneysaving Expert site here.

I assume that the cap is applied per overseas trip - and the counter would go back to zero when your device registers in the UK again.
    George Best: "I spent a lot of money on booze, women and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Member Number
    Post your sim card to someone in the uk to reset the clock

I have a 3 phone and will do it for you, then post back to whatever address will have it for you.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman View Post
    Thanks Jazzbow, I eventually found it on the 3 site. I also found an article about it on the Moneysaving Expert site here.

I assume that the cap is applied per overseas trip - and the counter would go back to zero when your device registers in the UK again.
    I'm assuming the same, hope we're right! :-)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    Three feel at home is a bit of a con. I have a 15gb mifi contract and now find that on the occasions that I spend most of the month abroad they will charge me again for the last 3 gb.
    In the USA it is virtually unuseable because of their "throttling" which they admit to. Three considers offering service to boost data speeds while abroad - Mobile News Online | Mobile News Online

Feel at home with Three is TERRIBLE - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Amazing to see that they are considering a "premium" deal for more money offering what most people taking out a contract with them took to be the norm.
    Last edited by 2cv; 17-06-2017 at 20:53.
    2CV

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information