CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How sad !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    boxer

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I cant comment on washing my van lol

but a good thing about a clean, it gives you a chance to have a survey and keep an eye on things.. good point made about not being able to do it anywhere else!

would I wash mine on site, no way

however, I would tinker with it.

Member Number
    I suppose if someone has a physically demanding job then there's some justification for paying someone else to
    wash their van, or if they say have a debilitating medical condition. But I know plenty of people with sedentary
    jobs paying (very well off bods around Saffron Walden) for just about anything that would otherwise utilise their own calories, and then grumble about being overweight/unfit. They even pay for gym membership then don't turn up after the first visit, because it suddenly dawns on them that physical effort on their part is required!
    Are you reading this?...... just a message to one of my brothers!
    Last edited by Byronic; 19-06-2017 at 21:02.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by maja07 View Post
    ....is there a business opportunity here....Maja's roof cleaning dot com.....

Spanked
    Last edited by Wooie1958; 21-06-2017 at 08:36.
    You Look Nice Are You The Doctor

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Aviano
    It's a good idea to keep solar panels clean on the roof as it makes a lot of difference to power kw they produce. Mind you, that's John's domain, not mine. If we are away for a few weeks he will give the MH a clean if there's a convient place to do it

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyp19 View Post
    It's a good idea to keep solar panels clean on the roof as it makes a lot of difference to power kw they produce.
    Not in my experience. Seems to make very little difference indeed. The cooling effect of cold water makes more difference than removing the dirt, but they heat up again in s few minutes.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    Not in my experience. Seems to make very little difference indeed. The cooling effect of cold water makes more difference than removing the dirt, but they heat up again in s few minutes.

Gawd, i`m doing that wrong as well 20+ years motorhoming, you`d think i`d have the hang of it by now
    You Look Nice Are You The Doctor

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkslass View Post
    No, us quite probably.

Ours is desperate for a wash, especially the roof.I havn't the stamina, and my man who does, can't at the moment. I took an executive decision to use and enjoy it, and pray for a good shower.☔☔☔
    exactly SUE... good for you, thats what it is there for ..to be used as often as you can...and a means of leisure, fun ,enjoyment......

if the van is gleaming and shiny as a new pin......brilliant...probably got the time circumstances and where with all to keep it that way

if a van needs a spit and polish...brilliant....probably not got the time circumstances and where with all to keep it gleaming all the time.

if someone chooses to to clean their van on site...i see nothing untowards about it......circumstances may dictate that the cannot or dont wish to do it at their place of residence etc....

the probably wish to do it at leisure, where the have space, time, and no other distractions and probably find it quite relaxing.......good for them i say........and they are probably getting a lot of pleasure from it...and also keeping busy...

we all have different ways of doing things and different priorities.....................sorry keep loosing the letter y
    Last edited by trixie88; 20-06-2017 at 07:40.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    Gawd, i`m doing that wrong as well 20+ years motorhoming, you`d think i`d have the hang of it by now
    It may make a difference to your solar panels. It just doesn't to mine. Although I've been motorhoming a lot more than twice as long as you, not so many years with solar panels: I think these ones have only been installed five or six years.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by trixie88 View Post
    if someone chooses to to clean their van on site...i see nothing untowards about it......circumstances may dictate that the cannot or dont wish to do it at their place of residence etc....

the probably wish to do it at leisure, where the have space, time, and no other distractions and probably find it quite relaxing.......good for them i say
    Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I have very little experience of sites, but they always seem crushingly boring. If you are stuck on one with nothing to do, and a ready supply of water, washing the van seems eminently sensible. Particularly if it is raining.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    The 1" of mud you had covering your solar panels must have reduced the power output, I imagine you just neglected to mention that?
    Last edited by Byronic; 20-06-2017 at 17:32. Reason: misspelled

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information